Deer Hunting Forums banner

What do y'all do to rookies?

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Beaux 
#1 ·
Hey yall just hoping you can give me some heads up. This will be my first time hunting and I KNOW my buddy and his family (the ones im going with) are a bunch of ******** (in a good way) and are going to play pranks on me since its my first time to the lease. I know that you dont snipe hunt with a burlap bag in a field so thats not going to work.

So my question is this: What tricks do yall paly or have you had played on your fellow hunters when theyre the new guy?

#2 ·
I've used Raisins along deer tracks in the snow to lure Rookies away from me.
Then at the end of the day I let them see me eating the raisins off the snow telling them "Aw man it wasn't even fresh droppings" :w00t: :w00t:

#6 ·
new guys does all the chores at camp:thumbdown:

#7 ·
I try to put first time hunters in my best spots hoping they see some deer and want to come back. And if they kill one they always get the 1st deer initiation, head in the gut bucket or if I can't get it in there they definately get blood all over their face. And a good picture after its all done, its good stuff man.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.