Some People... - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:39 PM
B&C 140 Class

Default Some People...

some people just kinda make me frustrated or something...I mean on another website there was this guy and he had this bloody pic of a lil' cull buck he had shot.....the buck was lying on a concrete slab and there was blood everywhere, with the entry hole facing up....I mean I'm a hunter and so are ya'll but I'm sure some people really didn't want to see that, I personaly don't really mind but at the same time I think it gives us hunters/sportsmen and women a bad name, I mean I understand if there is an entry hole in the pic but you ain't gotta lay the buck with a giant entry hole facing up and have blood spewing out all over the place. I just took my hunter's education class and one thing that the instructors infasized (sp?) was have respect for the game you are taking and try to "clean the animal up" as much as you can before taking pics...IDK why I am really posting this on here but I guess...well shoot, IDK - that's just how I feel
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2008, 10:03 PM

All in all it shows that you are a true sportsman---woman, and that you have respect where others lack. There's nothing wrong with a little venting either.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:16 PM
B&C 140 Class

ETD things like this are what set you apart from the yahoos. You are a class act, never change the way you think. I wish more would think the way you do.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:20 AM

EDT you got it right! Every sportsperson has a responsibility to represent themselves and the sport in the best most favorable respect. Anything less is unacceptable and not welcomed im my hunting camp. We cover all animals if transporting them whole, to not offend anyone in the general public.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:18 AM

ETD you are Absolutely right with how you're feeling and because you are a genuine Huntress and all of us veteran hunters & huntresses are very proud of you,
It's normal to have those feelings for idiots that do those sort of things.
Oh believe me I'm much worse than you are when it comes to these sort of issues.
You have been taught very well and I can tell from your postings you are a perfect example of how a youth hunter should conduct themselves in the field of hunting.
As a huntress, with the knowledge and respect you have for hunting don't ever be afraid to speak your mind to let them fools know whats what.
If someone tries to post a distasteful pic like that here you can bet i'll pull it off immediately and let them know why i'm pulling it and then I'll tell them if they can't post a picture that's more fitting for public viewing then don't post any at all.

One last thing ETD, you've been hearing how rage broadheads (I call them "badheads") make massive entry and exit holes supposedly for better blood trails...
Well like you, I don't want to see pics of them holes online it seems like their way of bragging about the damage they've done to the animal and to me bragging is not very ethical at all.
But don't let them idiots get under your skin, sadly you're going to have many years of dealing with those types.

P.S. Has your grandfather invited you to hunt his place yet?

Old 10-22-2008, 01:17 AM

Well said above. ETD it frustrates us all. Feel free to vent all you want. We have thought and seen the same things at some time or another.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:10 AM
B&C 140 Class

Ok...so I commented on his pic of the bloody buck, I said something along the lines of I've just taken my hunter's ed class and one of the things stated was have curtiousy for the non-hunters, so try to clean the animal up as much as you can before taking the pic. Then he comments back and is like, Back when I took hunters ed. the main thing stated was hunters safety. - REALLY? I would have never thought that when taking hunter's ed you would actually learn about hunters safety. <--that was me trying to be sarcastic.. so yea...just lil' more venting I guess....So now we are arguing over the pic and what not, but whatever I can comment until they throw me off the board...<---lol - But like I said it really doesn't really bother me but I'm sure not everyone wants to see that....but whatever
Old 10-22-2008, 09:49 AM
B&C 160 Class

Go getem ETD.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:47 PM

Can I ask where this pic is located? I'd like to see it.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:01 PM

ETD, I wish more young people were in your mold. When I see street gangs and all of America's problems and get really depressed, then I read your posts and for a moment, get to reflect back to my youth, and can appreciate that we still have young people who can think on their own, make rational decisions, clearly see right from wrong, and are not afraid to buck the system when you know you are right. Thanks for your posts and keep on fighting the good fight! HM