Any recipes for homemade deer bait?? - Page 3 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:58 AM
B&C 100 Class

I love the Apple idea. That is too hillarious. I usually pour Rice Bran in piles on stumps as I walk in and I keep the corn feeders going on a low low setting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2011, 10:39 AM
Unregistered

Exclamation homemade deer bait

here is a good homemade deer baitworks every time. get you some peanut but of anykind and you can mix it with some honey or syrup and you can also add vainlia extract and or you can leave it plain peanut butter and then all you do is put a hole on one side and hang it from a tree with a hanger or string or anything like that. they also love some aples with syrup on them just inject syurp into the inside of the apple and put it on the outside aswell and just put it where ever youwant in your hunting area and these ideals are granuteed to bring them big and small deer in closer or as far away as you want them but be sure to cover your scent of where you walk and where your stand is and spary your clothes with scent cover before you go hunting and you want have nothin to worry about.

Last edited by Unregistered; 12-05-2011 at 09:13 AM.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Scrub Buck

Take molasses and put it on a knee high tree stump at least 1 foot around and that should bring in some bucks.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:38 PM
Unregistered

Default homemade attractant

I was wondering if anyone knows how to make a ''peanutbutter block" or any other homemade attractant.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

1 large jar peanut butter
2 pound bag brown sugar
1 or so cups salt
Heat above in large pot and add enough water to liquefy to thinner than syrup consistency (it will thicken). Pour into a gallon jug and take to favorite hunting spot to pour on bare ground or a soft stump.

#2 -- Peanut butter and corn meal blocks.
Same as above with less water. Add 5# bag of corn meal and add water if needed to make into dough like consistency. Put into gallon plastic bags and store in cool place. Drop at your favorite spot. It will dissolve a little but that makes it work better. Use the cheapest stuff you can get your hands on, deer don't care. They love it.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:24 PM
B&C 100 Class

I just go to TSC (Tractor Supply) and buy brown mineral salt in a 50 pound bag for about $8. It has six different minerals added to it. It is listed on the bag for a bunch of different domestic animals. The deer really go for it. I believe it has Big Six in its name. A bag lasts me for a couple of months. I go once a week or two all year and sprinkle my salt licks with it to keep them fresh. I have three on the land I hunt. Two or three weeks before season opens, I switch to plain white salt. That is legal to hunt over here in Alabama.

This is a picture of 13 deer around one of my salt licks. It started out as a mound. Now it is a hole.

This fellow was at one of my other salt licks.

(Luke 11:21 KJV) When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

(Luke 22:36 KJV) Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.