Deer Hunting Forums banner

Busy weekend

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Scorpion8 
#1 ·
Heading to New Jersey to drop off a travel trailer for my sister-in-law then son and I are stopping at the PA deer camp on the way home to over seed the food plots. Hoping the over seeding will take hold and provide a decent crop for this year. Like Ohio, PA had little winter and deer numbers should be at great numbers this year. There are still acorns on the ground so the deer were fed all winter with little effort to feed.

#2 ·
Sounds like a great trip. I used to love hunting the hardwoods in PA, and miss it a lot during deer season here. On my first trip back east from AK, I brought back a bag of acorns to plant here and try to get some oaks growing. This Sitka Spruce-dominated forest is transitional and young, relatively, from the glacial retreat. I wanted to hasten it's transition to hardwoods and get some big squirrels growing. None of those acorns took hold (too wet) but one day I will try again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.