Deer Hunting Forums banner

Put My Trail Camera Out

18K views 76 replies 11 participants last post by  joel the signman 
#1 ·
Well Maybe Its Alittle Early But I Did It I Put Out My Trail Camera.the Only Reason I Put It Out Is Beacuse I Seen A Huge Track And Want To See What It Is.we'll See.anybody Else Put Theres Out Yet?

#31 ·
I guess public hunting is a good reason. I am grateful for those public places that I had to hunt in years past, but I would be happy to never step foot on them again. The public hunting I used ended up being a dangerous place during gun seasons. Two people in three years got shot there...both with shotguns and both survived. I guess they looked too much like a turkey.

I got pics of another good buck over the weekend, but forgot to bring my card. Maybe I can remember by the end of the week.

#32 ·
i try to bo w hunt it then go on weekdays when its less crowded

#35 ·
Yes same procedures.
Timberghost, did you know you can go into our Gallery and start your gallery in there, In the Upload photos section, use the same photobucket links in there too. just PASTE the photobucket link in the Browse file bar...
Give it a try.

Good Luck

#34 ·
They Are Like A Digital Camera.they Have Memory Cards That Are Removable So You Can Download The Pictures.they Also Come With A Usb Cable To Plug In Also Come With Cables To Plug Into Your Tv.the Thing Is Once You Use Them A Few Time It Gets Easier.i Checked My Trail Camera Yesterday And Had One Spike.had 5 Diff Deer And No Fawns??but Thats Behind My House.i Haven't Put My Camera Where I Hunt Yet.but Very Soon.

#38 ·
oh momma.that got me excited:pickle:

#39 · (Edited)
me too! I have never shot a deer with a split brow tine before...as a matter of fact I have never killed anything but completely typical racked deer. hopefully that deer in the first two pics will survive a couple more years and grow some more non-typical points. I think he is a fairly young deer...what do you guys think?

I think that deer in the last two pics will be my shooter this year...maybe.

I have my cameras out on two other properties this week to see what is roaming over there. Hopefully some more nice bucks!

#41 ·
I agree with the 3 1/2 year age on this buck but I'm not too sure about what you think is a split brow tine or non-typical points.
I think the Deer's ear is creating a visual that makes it look like a split brow tine or a non-typical point.
I also think all 3 of these pics may be the same deer, Is there any chance of that? are these pics from the same trail cam or different cams located in close range of one another?
The date on 2 of the pics are 06/21/08 and the other is 06/27/08 which shows just the right amount of antler growth from one date to the next.

Other things about this buck you might want to take a look at are, it's appearance, he has a clean and full bodied look (not too muscular not too fat) a good lean look, that tells me this Buck hasn't been in many sparring matches not any that have had any meaning (not yet anyway), the right ear is clean with no tears or rips, very clean coat no obvious rip lines or battle scars, nice clean snout also.
This Buck will be a great harvest without a doubt but I wouldn't be surprised to see a bigger one in the surrounding area. just my opinion. Good Luck

#43 ·
I'm not too sure about what you think is a split brow tine or non-typical points.
I think the Deer's ear is creating a visual that makes it look like a split brow tine or a non-typical point.
I also think all 3 of these pics may be the same deer, Is there any chance of that? are these pics from the same trail cam or different cams located in close range of one another?

Really? I went back to the full size image and it does really look like a split brow tine on the left side. Maybe you are right, but I hope not. I am also fairly sure that these are different deer. Well, there is two pics of each buck (if they are different). They just look so much different in the body/face/neck. Maybe it is the angle or light that makes it look different...it is hard to tell. Maybe I will bring those cameras back to those spots next week to try to get some more pics of him/them.

The cameras were about 1/2 mile apart when the piics were taken. You may be right, but they certainly look different to me. Who else has an opinion on this???

#42 ·
WOW NICE BUCKS!!! NOW I'M GOING TO BE PUTTING MINE OUT WERE I HUNT THIS WEEKEND.I HAVE ONE OF THEM BEHIND MY HOUSE AND I DID GET A SPIKE AND ALOT OF DOES THOUGH.NO FAWNS WHICH IS INTERESTING.MUST HAVE ALOT OF OLD DRIED UP DOES?NICE PICTUES AND KEEP THEM COMMING.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

#48 ·
not sure,cept that its a nice buck(s)

#49 ·
Ok you were right about the non-typical brow tine, After copying, downloading and enlarging the pics on my computer I can clearly see a forked brow tine on the left beam of one of the Bucks, and now I can also see the 2 bucks are not the same at all, the buck with the forked brow tine is probably 3 1/2 while the other looks slightly older, I would guess he's probably 4 1/2. good luck hunting those bad boys.... :)

#52 ·
I guess I could have just posted the pic that I enhanced to check...would have saved you the detective work. Anyway, I'm glad we came up with a consensus here. Two bucks...possibly one shooter. :pickle:

I now have my cameras on a spot that I have never seriously hunted. I have been through there during season, but never really hunted it. Well, at the end of last year one of my hunting buddies came down for a doe hunt in Jan. We went over to this place because, well we couldn't find any does on my other places. To make a long story short, we ended up jumping the biggest buck I have ever seen up out of the woods. We walked within about 15 yards of this bedded deer at mid day and as soon as we were passed him he took off. Anyway, my father in law said he saw a large buck on this same place about 3 weeks ago, and I put the cams out to try to get a pic of what might be a true monster whitetail. I guess we will see.

#54 ·
mmmmmmmmmmmm burgers :yes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.