Campfire - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:43 PM
B&C 120 Class

Default Campfire

Been thinking a lot lately about the offer Onehorse made a while back to allow someone to come out and hunt "The Big Sky" with him. Also noticed quite a few of us enjoy camping.

While Onehorse keeps me drooling, I just don't see any way I could make the trip to Wyoming as generous as the offer was.

What I was wondering was, is there any way some of us could possibly meet in more of a central location for perhaps a weekend of hunting/fishing/camping and just good ol camaraderie. Perhaps TN, PA?

I guess the first question that needs to be answered would be is anyone else interested in a Forum Outing. If so we could try out work on some details for those interested.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2008, 11:06 PM

I would be interested. If I had the time that I could take off from work etc.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:19 AM
B&C 160 Class

As spread out as everyone is it will be tough, but I'm game if it's possible for me to make it.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:03 AM

I think that would be a great "Get-Together" but like Buckshot says
"As spread out as everyone is it would be tough" especially trying to coordinate
a date that would be available to everyone not to mention the affordability factor,
times are tough right now for a lot of folks, many companies are cutting back overtime hours
that some employee's rely on, and the costs of daily consumables are on the rise...
It's sad but Now is a tough time to try and work this miracle out...

but as for me, as long as it wasn't too too far,, you can count me In !

Old 04-17-2008, 06:35 PM
B&C 120 Class

I know you're right Bruce, wouldn't be easy for me either. Just was thinking ,for myself, if not now then when. I guess I'm middle aged , saying goodbye to a lot of family and friends these days for the final time. Just feeling like maybe I should spend more time with the ones left. Let people know how I feel more and enjoy every moment we have. Life is fragile and sometimes we just have to make time and set new priorities type thing. I realize we all have other obligations and family to consider and that's good. Take the time and enjoy what you have.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:31 PM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
I know you're right Bruce, wouldn't be easy for me either. Just was thinking ,for myself, if not now then when. I guess I'm middle aged , saying goodbye to a lot of family and friends these days for the final time. Just feeling like maybe I should spend more time with the ones left. Let people know how I feel more and enjoy every moment we have. Life is fragile and sometimes we just have to make time and set new priorities type thing. I realize we all have other obligations and family to consider and that's good. Take the time and enjoy what you have.
These are great sentiments, Turtle. After all is said and done, our friends and family are all we really have that matters. Just curious, where are you located. And, by the way, that's Montana, not Wyoming - where I live. And the invitation is still good. It might not cost as much as you might think!
Old 04-18-2008, 04:41 AM
B&C 120 Class

Sorry, don't know where I got Wyoming from. I'm in SC but along NC border. I'm about 45 min from Charlotte.