Relief at last - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 03-28-2008, 07:13 PM
B&C 120 Class

Default Relief at last

Back in December I lost a cousin to cancer. Two of the three uncles that took me hunting as a youth, have been dieing a slow miserable death from it for about a year now. It's been hard, they've been my hunting buddies for the past 30 years. My cousin and I have taken them last year or so and I believe it was probably their last.Two weeks ago at my Dads check-up they found something and needed to run more tests but thought he too had cancer. I've may have been a little edgy lately and I apologize. We got the results today and Dads fine. Clean bill of health and he headed straight to the golf course.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2008, 07:15 PM
ronn

Thats good news. Its all about the memories we make in the end isn't it.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:30 PM
B&C 180 Class

glad to hear it.buy em a round of golf
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 03-28-2008, 08:32 PM
B&C 120 Class

Thanks guys, a lot of memories for sure. All of them taught me so much. Uncle Buck probably most of all. He was in Vietnam but would never talk about it. Then when I got orders to deploy to Iraq for 1st Gulf War we had our first of many talks about what really happens in combat. It's was good for both of us to have someone to talk to once I got back. When I got out we all hunted more than ever together. Then my cousin got divorced and came back from Michigan with Uncle Buck's 4 grandchildren. He took time off from hunting so much to be with the kids. He did a great job and taught me how important it is to give them the attention they deserve. Little Ricky was eight when they came back, he's an avid hunter, plays baseball, and last season WoW. Last season Uncle buck who never missed any of their games got to see his grandson lead our high school football team to it's first State Championship.
Uncle Buck may not make it to next season, but this one he watched Little Ricky as running back ,score all 4 touchdowns for us to win the State Championship. Little Ricky is a junior this year and his mom remarried a few years back. The family will be fine, we will all go on. But were all a lot better off because he was here.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:42 PM
ronn

I got nothing cause its yours. hang on to it
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote