Shout out - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 02-27-2014, 06:37 AM

Default Shout out

I have been looking for a new release for my bow have used T.R.U Ball since I started using a release my original was rebuilt 2 times in its life time but decided it was time for a new one just puchaced another by them a couple months ago bieng that I am less then average build I have a hard time finding a release that feels comfortable in my hands I talked to T.R.U. Ball for a while & ended up buying the one they suggested & really like it. Now I have decided I wanted to try a thumb release & have been told that due to my shoulder issue it may be harder to use. Again I contacted T.R.U. Ball to get their opinion they were extremely helpful & went back & forth though instant message over a period of an hour to guide me to a release they thought would work they even said if they had a rebuilt one they would send it. Due to my shoulder issue I didn't want to spend a $130 on a release that I couldn't use & have to turn around & sell for half the money. The next post I thought was pretty cool. they informed me they did not have any reconditioned ones in the model I was looking for but sent me a link to the cheapest they could find online I bought it & arrived yesterday. It will take a little getting used to but is very nice. I really think we need more companies like this around there are companies I have dealt with that have good customer service but only a few companies have really impressed me so far Ruger, T.R.U. Ball & Bow String Depot
all Hunting/sporting related Go Figure
What companies Have you dealt with that impressed you?

Sorry for the Rambling

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 02-27-2014, 10:31 AM

Browning Arms, after my Dad's double had some cloudy finish they fully refinished it to new for free. TC, rifle wouldn't group for crap, sent it back and they re-crowned it free and it shot perfect afterwards.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:50 AM

it seems to me that the sporting goods industry customer servis is better then any other industry
I had purchased a blemished Ruger from a gun shop (camo finish was not 100%) I started to get a lot of failure to feeds & eject properly
sent it back to Ruger & found the camo was coming off the stock by the mag well & causing the issue they called me at work the same day. Told me they can sandblast & re camo it told them just to take the camo off as I didn't care if it were camo or not. He asked if i was sure I said yes. He stated that was easier for both of us as he was going to replace everything but the reciever but will sandblast the reciever & refinish it.
I pretty much ended up with a new gun & a free stock magazine at no charge & had the gun back within two days has been shooting great ever since now if I just can find some bulk .22 ammo

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright