Scent control - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:55 PM
ronn

That's interesting and gives me even more of a boost of confidence in the stuff. I don't think anything is 100% but if it helps I'll use it.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2008, 08:16 PM
B&C 180 Class

i swear buy my scent lok and the truth is if ya believe it works it gives ya a mental edge and confidence and confidence puts critters down
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 02-18-2008, 09:18 PM

I just wash all clothing in the unscented detergent and dry them with the fresh earth dryer sheets then wash with the soap, shampoo, deodorant, and lots of scent killer (autumn formula mostly). I have the big bottle for before the walk and the small bottle for the stand. And I also play the wind like many others here.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:19 PM

After the scent free wash the clothes go into a plastic bag with a little pine branch. While hunting I take a steam sauna every night and use sprays during the day. Watch the wind and 9/10 times the deer won't know you're there. I am a firm believer in the scent controll arena. Take the time to do it and you'll be rewarded.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:54 PM
B&C 180 Class

ya must have a nice deer camp.ya can steam sauna every night.I thought we had it good with hot showers
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 02-19-2008, 08:49 PM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel the signman View Post
ya must have a nice deer camp.ya can steam sauna every night.I thought we had it good with hot showers
You took the words right out of my mouth.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:54 PM

Here's camp, it's a two story sets down in a hollow with rock ledges on the north and nice hemlock/pine trees around it. Throw in some mountain laurels for more camo- in look. We have a spring in front of the camp with a spring house over it, we built a steam sauna, wood fired of course, to relax in and this is our sourse of hot water for showers. The camp is all propane, no phone, no TV. We try to run the sauna at 170*, they naturally cleanse you from the inside out, not to mention you sleep like a baby. Staying clean/watch the wind works more than anything else in keeping the critters from scenting you.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:35 PM
B&C 180 Class

that sounds awesome.I know the native americans use to use a sweat lodge before the hunt.Sounds like ya got one sweet set up .