An offer: Anyone care to hunt in Big Sky Country? - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 02-10-2008, 02:16 PM
ronn

I guess that and taxes are the reasons Killington and there is another town in the southern part of the state that want to a secede to NH, that's no joke.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2008, 03:17 PM

Well I was born and raised in Ohio and simply call myself an American. Labels are from people who have problems with who they are not who we are!
Old 02-10-2008, 04:00 PM
ronn

I hope that wasn't directed at me? You prob won't find a more open mind person than me.Try living elsewhere is see how it works in reality. I'm sure there are things that made you who you are that are just an Ohio thing. There is nothing wrong with that. That's what makes this country great. I agree we are ALL Americans. I don't buy into that hyphenated American thing. There are things about the south that are only southern, the west that are only western, New England the only a New England thing. I like to take the best of all of it and hold it close and dear. I was born in VT but was raised in TN, lived in AZ, and now NH, I'm planning to be in VA in the near future. Even One Horse has mentioned and holds dear that which is pure Vermonter in him. So whats wrong with that. Sorry One Horse my digression has changed your orginal post's intent.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:33 PM
B&C 140 Class

Thanks, ronn and Hunting Man, you both made great points.

By the way, I haven't had anyone take me up on my offer yet. I'm confident that's not because I'm a "flatlander" or an "easterner". Can it be because I'm NOT a "Republican"?

ronn, you're right, we are getting a little off track of the original post, so just to get back to the intent, here's a picture of me with a dandy Montana pronghorn, and if anyone wants to put a label on this, that's fine with me. Or, you could put yourself in the picture!

Old 02-10-2008, 06:25 PM
ronn

that's a fine looking animal some day maybe next year. Got to get that pass the wife so it might require a little sweet fast talk. lol its hard define what a Vermonter is if you haven't lived there. I'm a "my beliefs are mine and your beliefs are yours and I'll defend to the death your right to do so" kinda guy. it would be a boring world if everyone thought the same way. Talking only leads to understanding. Judging leads to problems. I think I just made that up.

I took it that your offer was to those that may not have a opportunity to hunt the west. OK maybe SD not quite as west but I was invited to hunt Antelope. So that's the reason I said I wouldn't be trying for a spot. Let those that have no contact out there try. I would love to sit around a camp fire sometime with you in an elk camp and STS. Either way I will make an elk hunt happen. At this point in my life with the kids getting older hunting is getting more and more of my attention. So thanks for your offer perhaps some day we will share hunting stories around a fire.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:59 PM
B&C 180 Class

How much do ya think it would cost to do something like this?This year is most likely out but i may be able to squirrel away some cash by next year.I got all the hunting gear so its transportation,food,tags,rental car what else?What are the time constraints?its a week long trip im assuming?
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 02-11-2008, 06:17 AM

WOW that pic (nice pic btw) got Joels pupils shaped like Pronghorns,
Like a Deer in the headlights, It's easy to tell he's gettin' the itch... lol

Onehorse said: "As far as labels go, I will make an exception to Bruce calling me a "woodchuck". Knowing what he means by that makes it a real honor. Thanks for that one, Bruce."
Just for the record, a "WoodChuck" is a native Vermonter or a person that conducts him or herself as a native vermonter..

(JUST FOR LAUGHS)
The Following are Jeff Foxworthy’s comments on (Vermont) the Green Mountain State. They are as follows:

If your local Dairy Queen is closed from September
through May, you live in Vermont.

If someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance
and they don’t work there, you live in Vermont.

If you’ve worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you live in Vermont .

If you’ve had a lengthy telephone conversation with
someone who dialed a wrong number, you live in Vermont .

If you measure distance in hours, you live in Vermont .

If you know several people who have hit a deer more
than once, you live in Vermont .

If you have switched from “heat” to “A/C” in the same
day and back again, you live in Vermont .

If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during
a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in Vermont .

If you install security lights on your house and
garage, but leave both doors unlocked, you live in Vermont .

If you carry jumpers in your car and your wife knows
how to use them, you live in Vermont .

If you design your kid’s Halloween costume to fit
over a snowsuit, you live in Vermont .

If the speed limit on the highway is 55 mph — you’re
going 80 and everybody is passing you, you live in Vermont .

If driving is better in the winter because the
potholes are filled with snow, you live in Vermont .

If you know all 4 seasons as: almost winter, winter, mud season, and road construction season, you live in Vermont .

If you have more miles on your snow blower than your
car, you live in Vermont .

Old 02-11-2008, 08:48 AM
B&C 180 Class

that foxworthy skit is funny i saw the same one only it was for way upstate NY.so you read can read between the lines too huh bb.what cant ya do
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 02-11-2008, 01:39 PM

My point was not to tick anyone off, as I hunt with a varity of great hunters that I call friends who are from different parts of the US. We just like to hunt with each other and leave the politics at home. Guys I just got the feeling if I didn't live in a certain state that somehow I was deformed or something. Sorry for the jab, my best friends are from many states all over this land, they are the best people that anyone could have for friends. In our camp you will find hunters from NY,PA,NC,OH,MI, pretty diverse group. If anyone took my remarks as a negative Please forgive me, it was more a political thing than personal. I don't think where you are from has anything to do with who you are as a person, it comes from inside. I will try to be better at my comments in the future. Hunting Man!!!
Old 02-11-2008, 04:10 PM
B&C 160 Class

Man what a great chance to go hunt out west. I wish I had a couple of weeks I could spend getting out there and back. Just having someone with experience to point me in the right direction is all I would need.