Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   The Lodge (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/lodge/)
-   -   Rut sign (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/lodge/14250-rut-sign.html)

semohunter 10-16-2013 03:11 PM

Rut sign

Here in semo, we are starting to see the early signs of the rut. We are starting to find a few rubs and a few scrapes popping up thru the woods. My brother seen a small spike chasing a doe around a field a few days ago. I was curious if you guys are starting to see signs of the magical "rut" that brings the big boys out to play during daylight hours. During full blown rut, its a fun time to be in the woods!:yes:

tator 10-16-2013 08:21 PM

Haven't seen any sign of the rut up here in northern Missouri... But then again, I haven't been hunting since last Saturday night...

gfdeputy2 10-17-2013 04:44 AM

Starting to see a few Scrapes & Rubs here too I hear in NY they are making scrapes like Crazy can't wait till the 25th for our trip there

turner 10-17-2013 01:44 PM

Going out for the first time Saturday AM for early M/L. No bow hunting for me this fall, it looks like. Typically we see very little activity until the very end of October and beginning of November. By November 1st-10th, it's as if someone turned on the firehose and bucks are running does and scraping like crazy. It continues right through Thanksgiving around here. If I go out scouting now, I'm usually disappointed when I do not see rubs in typical spots and scrapes in spots they've used for years. But I now have learned that you just need a little more patience and "presto" they'll be there again just like every other year, come the magic time. :biggrin:

Hunting Man 10-17-2013 03:20 PM

I'm still planning to hit PA from Nov 1-11. We normally hit a bit of pre-rut then full rut 8-11th. There are plenty of scrapes and rub lines to chose from and having hunted 40 years there I pretty much know where to set up. We will have a new hunter in camp and will help gt him set up. PA will be my last hunt of the year so hopefully it ends on a high note. I hope everyone connects this year and hunts safely and smartly! Good luck to all! :yes:

tator 10-17-2013 04:08 PM

Good luck to you too HM. I may be calling you tonight to get the load information for that ML. Finally going to have time this weekend to play around! :)

Kansasdoe 10-20-2013 09:20 PM

Haven't seen anything exciting yet here in Kansas. The last three times I've sat all I've seen is a mouse, seven coons, and a woodpecker.

turner 10-21-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kansasdoe (Post 102498)
Haven't seen anything exciting yet here in Kansas. The last three times I've sat all I've seen is a mouse, seven coons, and a woodpecker.

Sounds a bit like my sits this past weekend. Day one; a red fox, a possum and lots of squirrels. Day two; tons of squirrels, ducks, geese and herons. Did see some deer driving to my hunting spot......:rolleyes:

Kansasdoe 11-01-2013 09:00 PM

Anyone seeing some activity out there? Is it picking up anywhere? Still haven't seen anything here.

timberghost 11-02-2013 10:54 AM

Seen little scrapes and rubs but nothing major yet...unless I'm not looking hard enough.