Deer Hunting Forums banner

How Big??

10K views 31 replies 21 participants last post by  BruceBruce1959 
#1 ·
Alright now that everyones season is just about done... lets hear who got what.. all i could settle for was two does. Only saw one buck all season!!!!

#6 ·
I got my usual immature 8 point, 15 inch whitetail. What I call an "old man's buck" which means it's just big enough not to be embarrassed and just small enough so I don't get a heart attack dragging it back to my truck. Also got a 12 inch antelope buck. I am on a roster for an elk damage control hunt, so I still have a chance for an antlerless elk if they start hitting the ranchers crops.

#8 ·
Had a rough year. Located 5 shooters but only was able to cash one in. He was the smallest of the bunch green scored 144 8pt. Missed a whopper of a 10 pt my fault. Came in so dang fast used the wrong yardage and shot 3" over his back. My season is open till the 31st but the others I located have started dropping already so may go out this weekend and shoot a doe or two. Affraid to shoot a good one grab the rack and fall off. Just would not make my day.:no:

#9 ·
I did my part here in pa to harvest a doe. For the first time, I hunted the first whole week of november and saw a pretty nice buck. Either an 8 or 10, he wouldn't come close enough for a count. He was stuck on a doe. I have done some after season scouting with the trail camera, and found that some really nice bucks made it. I am gonna soon start hunting for sheds.

#10 ·
I had a great season with six deer harvested. Saw lot's of deer had some great deer camps with great a great bunch of folks. Had three does and three bucks, two eights and spike I got the first day of bow deason that I thought was a doe. Already making plans for next year.

#12 ·
took 1 doe with the bow a nice 7pt buck with the bow and and another small doe with the rifle.had more tags but didnt have the time to go or a way to get there..:wallbash:

#14 ·
Thanks i would have had more just couldnt get out.:yes:

#18 ·
thats a bummer.sorry for your loss ADHF.its always sad when someone you know passes on

#26 ·
This was my first season hunting and didn't get into it until almost mid Nov. Went on a 1 day hunt saw 2 does and missed 1 that I shot on, went the day after Thanksgiving and shot a 8 point 165 buck for my first deer, went out twice more and didn't see a thing outside of kicking up some does that last day out on the way to the stand. It was a great first year and I'm looking for clubs in my area so that i'll be ready next season.

#28 ·
I hunted a pay by the day club at $175 per day for a buck day or $120 for a doe day. With a doe day I shot the 8 point and was fined $175 = $295 for that 1 day. For two days of hunting I ended up with $315 out of pocket. I hope to find a club for somewhere around $1000 give or take a few hundred for a year long membership.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.