Deer Hunting Forums banner

How Big??

10K views 31 replies 21 participants last post by  BruceBruce1959 
#1 ·
Alright now that everyones season is just about done... lets hear who got what.. all i could settle for was two does. Only saw one buck all season!!!!

#29 ·
wow thats a lot of money i hunt state land for free.when i belonged to a club the dues were 250 a year.

#30 ·
OHHhhh I didn't know you were on hunting Club land.
Well I'm glad you got your deer but sorry it cost you a bundle to get it.
Have you tried looking for open land where it's free to hunt?
I'm sure there must be some available open land for you to hunt and
be able to find the trophy of a lifetime..

#31 ·
There is some public managed land however it gets lots of push during season, lots of hunters and many that I talk to are even concerned with safety in these areas. Most people in this area seem to gravitate to Clubs but I'm looking for public spots as well. One of my friends has 200 acres of prime hunting land with 12-14 stands however it's a ways from here and I can't hunt it just whenever.

#32 ·
Safety should always be a concern, whether it's public land or a club's lands.
I'm sure if you look into it, those Public places aren't as bad as you hear about,
you're probably just as safe hunting open land as you are on Club land.
Hunting is MUCH safer now that strict Hunter Education is required by all hunters.
Also, If you wear Hunter/Safety orange so you can be seen by the other hunters in the area, You should be ok.
You shouldn't have to lose out on open land hunting because of Safety issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.