bad hunting partners - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 02-08-2008, 04:11 PM
Scrub Buck

or u could explain to him what he is doing wrong and teach him the rite way ..u mean to tell me that all great hunters just start out great . or do you work ur way up to that big ol monster teach him ..dont put him on the way side if some one wants to to be in the outdoors then take him and teach him the basics and the sportsmanship of the hunt then go from there because not every hunter thinks of every hunting trip as a learning exp...because the first time i went hunting i was thinkin u go in the woods kill a deer then leave but it is about so much more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2008, 05:19 PM
B&C 180 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by deercreekhunter614 View Post
or u could explain to him what he is doing wrong and teach him the rite way ..u mean to tell me that all great hunters just start out great . or do you work ur way up to that big ol monster teach him ..dont put him on the way side if some one wants to to be in the outdoors then take him and teach him the basics and the sportsmanship of the hunt then go from there because not every hunter thinks of every hunting trip as a learning exp...because the first time i went hunting i was thinkin u go in the woods kill a deer then leave but it is about so much more.
have you read the whole topic?the guy has no respect and is dangerous.while the point your making is a valid one i don't believe it applies in this case
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 02-08-2008, 05:56 PM
B&C 160 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberghost View Post
Safety first, tell them straight out and the worst is you lose out on a hunting spot and maybe friends. BUT YOU LIVE FOR ANOTHER DAY FOR ANOTHER SPOT TO MAKE OTHER FRIENDS. Life's full of risks as it is don't make a season of deer hunting be an unnecessary risk. Remember you said that you fear for your life when you hunt with him.
Timberghost is on the money! With time on your side now find another property for yourself. Hunting is for your enjoyment not for the stress or worse. State your feelings clearly with no flowers and move on. In the long run you will be glad you did.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:12 PM
B&C 180 Class

agreed.............
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 02-08-2008, 08:30 PM
ronn

First of all I don't think one NEEDS a hunting partner, sometimes its better by your onesies. But I really understand the pleasure one gets form a hunting buddy. I for years had a guy that we were like me and mini me. If we were put in different entries in woods strange to us we would follow the sign and end up in the same place. Its has happen before. He got side tracked by other things and my goals in hunting changed. Fortunately I think I've found another hunter that shares the same style and goals in the woods, although we don't hunt together. Bottom line hunting, like everything else in life, should be fun. If its not its time to move forward not just on. Life shouldn't be complacent, it should progress. The same is true for hunting. So my advise is cut the times and strive for better and higher goals. Make it happen for yourself.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:31 PM
B&C 180 Class

Solid advice ronn
Old 02-09-2008, 10:48 AM
B&C 140 Class

Good hunting partners are precious. I lost my best "bud" almost 40 years ago , and have never been able to replace him. It's been lonely, at times, but each hunting season, I think, just maybe, he still is walking right beside me like in the past.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:06 AM
B&C 160 Class

One horse I'm sure he is. As Uncle Ted says the spirit of the wild runs deep. No way would your buddy let you hoof it alone.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:51 AM

Without my hunting buddies I would have hung up the boots a long time ago. I lost my brother a few years ago, we put his ashes in a mountain steam that runs through the area we hunt. There are times when I know he is still there, kinda weird, but no question he's still walking the path! I have been blessed by having several great friends who are great hunters, that's enough for me.