Get to hunt with family - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 12-01-2007, 03:30 AM

Default Get to hunt with family

Yeah Yeah I know what your thinking. You notice i been on here most the night and theres no way im going hunting in a couple hours. My sleep scehdule is all messed up because of work. But my uncle and 2nd cousin are making the drive up here to hunt with me so there is no way I could not go. even if i sleep all day in the stand. They are driving up from Georgia to hunt Lynchburg TN with me. My uncle is the guy that got me hooked on hunting. I remember walking through the woods doing some scouting and he would spot rubs from what seemed like a mile away. He would say "Look there, see that rub". Half the time I would just say "yep I see it" while I was still searching for it. These are some old school meat hunters so chances are they will shoot something. I need a doe for my freezer myself. Hopefully we can triple up. We will probably just hunt half a day since they got a long drive back. Thats probably a good thing since I just ate my 3rd chicken fajita at 3:20am!!! Whew. Hope everything goes well for us. Good luck to everyone on here that will be hunting this morning. Hope you get a big un!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2007, 07:26 AM

Alright Buck make your uncle proud. I bet you guys will do good today! As for me I woke up at 430am, went to the bathroom and said, "10 more minutes then I'll get up", well it's like 815am and here I am just waking up. DANG! Hopefully those fajitas won't air you up this am if you know what I mean
GOOD LUCK!
Old 12-01-2007, 01:08 PM
B&C 180 Class

good luck guys hope you enjoy the hunt
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 12-01-2007, 01:34 PM
B&C 140 Class

hope you have a great hunt
Old 12-01-2007, 07:16 PM

My 2nd cousin shot a 6. Ill get the pic up as soon as I put it on my pc. i put him in my stand on a thick thick field and he seen 5 bucks and 4 does. he said the buck he shot was probably the third from the biggest. He saw an 8 and what he called a monster at 400 yds after he had shot the 6. He said the 8 went in right where me and my uncle were but we never saw it. I heard alot but only got a brief visual on one deer. Never saw the head. All the bucks were swolled up. Im going back for the monster Monday morn. It was a good ways off. And he said it had the rut strut going on.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:24 PM
B&C 180 Class

boy o boy bet you cant wait till monday.
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky
Old 12-02-2007, 07:53 AM

Nope I cant wait. I was going to hunt this afternoon but we are suppose to be getting thunderstorms. Monday morning I can only sit for a couple hours during the early part of the day because I have to work that evening and all night. Thursday is my full day off so I can hunt all day that day. I just hope their not done chasing so hard by then.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:23 PM
B&C 180 Class

do an early morning hunt monday