Deer Hunting Forums banner

Posting my property

5K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Falcon 
#1 ·
Sorry guy's I guess I was not lodge in

#2 ·
that will give the trespassers and poachers something to shoot at! i have property in fredericktown mo and when we posted the property someone came thru and scraped all the paint off!!! if ur not there every day to "defend" ur property the "locals" treat it as it was their own property! good luck.....:ranting:

#3 ·
Yeah like said, unless your able to watch over the property, people are going to trespass anyways. Here in ky " hunting rights leased" poses more leagle action than "no trespass " signs. Also like your doing they have to be like every 100 foot all the way around the property and have to run an ad in the paper stating that property is posted as no trespass before any real leagle action could be takin other than just running them off. But you would have to be there to run them off, most the time people are just putting out realy easy property line markers

#5 · (Edited)
Sorry for the date on the picture it was taken today.My boss is now living on the 800 acres and is running a commercial greenhouse off of it.We are putting them ever 100'.It takes 80 just to do the frontage 1.5 miles long.I am make 400.I am sure it will help.I really cant believe not one positive comment :thumbdown:
So you guys just let people run all over your land.I am a fighter and work hard my whole life for this spot and will do as much as possible to protect it

#9 ·
i dont "let" people run all over my land. i dont live and hunt in the same areas. so its not possible to protect it. im sure everyone here likes and respects your idea(i do) but unless i live on the land i cant police it. ive spent the $ to post the property and the trespassers and poachers dont care! just dont be suprised when you still find the evidence of those criminals on your property.

#6 ·
Not trying to be negative but more realistic. For the area I live that would all just be a waste of time. Go idea though and the signs look good but here everyone on the road frontage would have a bullitt hole in a short time. Mostly likely the people that would not trespass wouldn't anyways and the ones that will realy are not going to care if there is a posted sign in a tree or not.
A person can spend 200 bucks on store bought signs or spend their weekend making them, but if no one can be there to inforce, your gonna get locals that are gonna see when your there n not and be like well he's only down on weekends n they'll do what they want mon- fri lol

#10 ·
The problem is universal. Back in PA in the 70's and 80's we had bright orange NO TRESPASS signs on our property. The folks who were going to cross your fence line didn't care if it was posted or not or what color you used. We had idiot hunters with buck fever shoot at our horse. We also had my Dad shoot at idiot hunters just to watch them run (that's the good side of blaze orange laws...hunters can't hide!). Laws are only for the law-abiding.

#11 ·
you would think the barb wire fence would say enough. dang shame its illegal to boobie trap your own land. dont take much. a peace of angle with hole size of shell u want to use,a tab on the back for a nail,spring. coter pin and fishin line and ur ready to go. or something like this

Attachments

G
#15 ·
Posted

The south is the only place to live, we take care of our own. Most tresspassers are looking for meat not wall hangers, times are tough. The problem is everyone post their land now days and the people not obaying this cannot afford to compete with out of towners coming in and paying over priced leases from up north. And beofre you beat me up to bad, I am a land owner and I posted mine if you pack it in pack it out and now people just call me to ask if they can hunt before they just go do. Kindness goes a long way to getting your way. Land owner without issues

#18 ·
One of our properties was over run with trespassers in spite of its being posted. All our neighbors there also had trespass problems. The primary violators were a hog hunting "ranch" that owned little land and a hunting club that had 1,200 acres leased on the other side of the road. Ran numerous trespassers off my place including a lawyer and an OK City cop.

One day a new Dodge diesel pickup burned up while the driver and his friends trespassed on the place closest to mine. The landowner said the catalytic converter must have caught the tall grass on fire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.