Posting my property - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:58 AM
B&C 100 Class

Sorry guy's I guess I was not lodge in
Old 04-11-2013, 10:36 AM
B&C 100 Class

that will give the trespassers and poachers something to shoot at! i have property in fredericktown mo and when we posted the property someone came thru and scraped all the paint off!!! if ur not there every day to "defend" ur property the "locals" treat it as it was their own property! good luck.....
Old 04-11-2013, 12:51 PM
B&C 140 Class

Yeah like said, unless your able to watch over the property, people are going to trespass anyways. Here in ky " hunting rights leased" poses more leagle action than "no trespass " signs. Also like your doing they have to be like every 100 foot all the way around the property and have to run an ad in the paper stating that property is posted as no trespass before any real leagle action could be takin other than just running them off. But you would have to be there to run them off, most the time people are just putting out realy easy property line markers
Old 04-11-2013, 12:59 PM

A rather past date on the picture?? Did it work after 7-8 years ago? Just asking.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:47 PM
B&C 100 Class

Sorry for the date on the picture it was taken today.My boss is now living on the 800 acres and is running a commercial greenhouse off of it.We are putting them ever 100'.It takes 80 just to do the frontage 1.5 miles long.I am make 400.I am sure it will help.I really cant believe not one positive comment
So you guys just let people run all over your land.I am a fighter and work hard my whole life for this spot and will do as much as possible to protect it

Last edited by Bud; 04-11-2013 at 02:51 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:37 PM
B&C 140 Class

Not trying to be negative but more realistic. For the area I live that would all just be a waste of time. Go idea though and the signs look good but here everyone on the road frontage would have a bullitt hole in a short time. Mostly likely the people that would not trespass wouldn't anyways and the ones that will realy are not going to care if there is a posted sign in a tree or not.
A person can spend 200 bucks on store bought signs or spend their weekend making them, but if no one can be there to inforce, your gonna get locals that are gonna see when your there n not and be like well he's only down on weekends n they'll do what they want mon- fri lol
Old 04-12-2013, 12:06 AM
B&C 100 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
Sorry for the date on the picture it was taken today.My boss is now living on the 800 acres and is running a commercial greenhouse off of it.We are putting them ever 100'.It takes 80 just to do the frontage 1.5 miles long.I am make 400.I am sure it will help.I really cant believe not one positive comment
So you guys just let people run all over your land.I am a fighter and work hard my whole life for this spot and will do as much as possible to protect it
i dont "let" people run all over my land. i dont live and hunt in the same areas. so its not possible to protect it. im sure everyone here likes and respects your idea(i do) but unless i live on the land i cant police it. ive spent the $ to post the property and the trespassers and poachers dont care! just dont be suprised when you still find the evidence of those criminals on your property.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:23 AM

does anyone else see something wrong with the OP????
SPAM????

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright
Old 05-11-2013, 08:00 PM
B&C 100 Class

One of our properties was over run with trespassers in spite of its being posted. All our neighbors there also had trespass problems. The primary violators were a hog hunting "ranch" that owned little land and a hunting club that had 1,200 acres leased on the other side of the road. Ran numerous trespassers off my place including a lawyer and an OK City cop.

One day a new Dodge diesel pickup burned up while the driver and his friends trespassed on the place closest to mine. The landowner said the catalytic converter must have caught the tall grass on fire.