Deer Hunting Forums banner

Need More Pictures

8K views 21 replies 5 participants last post by  critter gitter 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
We need to have more pictures to look at. Down south don't you guys get to kill multiple deer per year. In Alabama you can kill a deer/day from like august till january. wouldn't that be something......."hey frank.......how did you do huntin' this year? Ah ........I only got 64 this year! How did you do Harold?

Lets see some pics.
:coffee:

#2 ·
yes we do

we are allowed more deer down south but... most hunters on here that i know are actually trying to let the young bucks walk so maybe we can develop some good racked deer. i could have shot deer just about every time ive been hunting but i would rather not shoot an 80 pound doe or a button buck. in my section of tennessee you can kill 3 doe a day for the entire season or 1 buck a day with a limit of 3 bucks a year. but seriously who needs that many deer. the main reason i think our tn members dont post pics is because they have yet to get a good deer. they dont want to post a doe or a young buck. out of the group i hunt with only one has gotten to tag a wallhanger size buck. its been a tough year. ive only seen 1 big buck the entire year and ive hunted my tail off. tomorrow morning is my last oppurtunity to hunt this season so wish me luck. ill be set up about 100 yards from the spot i saw the wallhanger earlier this year. just maybe he will happen to walk through again. ive found some huge rubs in the area that im sure only he can make. so im sure he is yet to be shot and hes still using the area.

there are alot of down south hunters that shoot 5 plus deer a year but i think they have yet to find this site. maybe by next season we will have some of them on here.

#3 ·
Doing the right thing

I here ya. I think you are doing the right thing. We can only shoot 1 buck a year and I pass up a bunch. Let the typical 4x4's walk. like to shoot the ones that are atleast 4 1/2 years old. would get even more serious about being choosy if I had my own property to manage. But hunting on public ground most people shoot the first buck they see.....let alone the first racked buck.

I was just joking around at how many them Alabama boys can shoot. Keep up the good work.

#4 ·
your right though

i was checking out another tennessee deer site and they run a contest for how many deer they can kill. their set up in teams of 2. they get points for whatever they take. starting with a doe and moving up. the only deer that gives them negative points is a button buck. i saw one post on there where the dude shot his 16th 17th and 18th deer in a one day hunt. and i dont even think his team is leading the contest. that would be fun but you would have to give most of the meat away. they must have huge familys. i like to take out a couple does in early season and then wait for the wallhanger to walk out.

#5 ·
i like to take out a couple does in early season and then wait for the wallhanger to walk out.
That's what im talking about. I cant shoot a doe here unless i put in for a special draw. Then I still only get to shoot one deer buck or doe my choice. there is getting to be to many does. I think they need to hand you a doe tag when you purchase your buck tag. They do allow youth and senior citizens to shoot either a buck or doe. In the state of Washington in the county that i live in they have a 3 point minimum for bucks. which i think is good. In the northern counties where i shot the buck that i have posted you can shoot any buck. In Idaho, where i also hunt you can shoot 1 deer of either sex with no point restrictions on the bucks.

I have been thinking about putting in for a doe tag in Washington "to do my part" and harvest a doe. Then in Idaho, just hunt for the big boys.

#6 ·
sounds good

i do agree all hunters need to do their part in thinning the doe population. i think i would like a min rack limit in tennessee for the hunters over the age of 16. just let the young sportsmen and handicapped hunters shoot whatever they want to.

i know alot of hunters out there will not agree with me on this but if you want to shoot a nice buck you got to let the young ones walk.

#8 ·
yeah i noticed. i like it though. we are all entitled to express our thinking freely. most big bucks that get shot are because the hunter let a smaller one walk earlier in the hunt. and hey in a couple seasons that little buck they saw might happen to walk by with a nice spread on his head

#12 ·
Here in Wisconsin you can shoot as many does as you have tags for
some parts of the state you dont get to many but where I hunt I can get as many tags as I can afford, though I am happy if I just get one I do see alot of deer and we also practise QDM. I see alot of does and bucks but none of them are big enough they need to be 8 oints or better and outside spread needs to be outside the ears and that generally means that the bucks are 2.5-3.5yrs.

#15 ·
it would be nice to be in the herd reduction zone if you were just hunting for some cheap meat.

down here in my unit this past year after you bought your overly priced license you could shoot up to 3/doe a day. its been that way for the past few years. over populated with deer we have become!!!!

#22 ·
We get everything on out patorns we can hunt fish trap spear sturgeon both state and federal waterfowl stamps I have not yet gotten up the nerve to get one of those licenses we dont get applications with it though I dont trap and I'm not into sturgeon though this will be my first year trying for waterfowl.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.