Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   The Lodge (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/lodge/)
-   -   Anyone up for Ohio (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/lodge/10270-anyone-up-ohio.html)

texaslawdog 12-04-2012 03:57 PM

Anyone up for Ohio

Hello, new member here so greetings to all. My name is Greg Bowser. I recently bought 43 acres in southeast Ohio as a hunting property. I just bought it this past May and I have had only a few days to hunt it this hunting season. But, even after only hunting it a few days, it looks like a great deer property as well as for turkey.

I am looking for 1 or 2 hunters to join me in hunting this property. I attempted to do this this past spring, but I'm trying again now. I would be interested in someone who doesn't have 10 places to hunt with no time to help out and actually go with me to hunt. That seemed like what happened when I tried this back in the spring.

Most people who responded last time had several places they hunt and were very avid deer hunters. But, they didn't have much time to join me with the property and just go hunting.

So, this time I will be more specific. I am looking for someone who maybe doesn't have much opportunity to hunt on private property and is looking for a place that would be their main hunting property. And I would even like to hear from someone that has a youth who could come in and help me with this property and just go hunting. And the closer you are to me the better. I live near White Marsh, MD.

I'm not asking for too much. I just ask for them to help maintain the property and just go hunting together. I do not want to hunt alone as its always better if you hunt with someone else who gets along. I'm pretty easy to get along with and have a good sense of humor.

I don't have anything on the property such as a cabin, trailer, etc. At this point, I'm staying in a cabin at a nearby campground and going from there to hunt the property. In the future I may decide to put something like that on the property but I don't want to move too quickly here so that possibility will be considered in the future. I do want to have a path thru the property with several stand locations and stands such as ladderstands, strap-ons, a box blind, etc none of which are there yet and keep the property well maintained. That is what I am asking for in return for hunting the property.

So, if you're interested and if you feel you are someone who I have described above, send a reply and we'll go from there.

Thanks for your time,
Greg

Hunting Man 12-04-2012 04:58 PM

SE Ohio is home to some big bucks. I hunt around Athens. I'm sure someone in Ohio will give you a call. Good luck!

texaslawdog 12-04-2012 05:06 PM

well thank you there Hunting Man. Nice to hear from someone! Athens County is pretty close and has great trophy deer.

texaslawdog 12-04-2012 05:07 PM

hows come it says I'm a Scrub Buck? Why I'm only a Spike Buck at best!

Hunting Man 12-06-2012 10:16 PM

Keep posting and see your antlers grow! :yes: What county are you hunting in Ohio?

texaslawdog 12-07-2012 02:03 PM

Ohio property

Gallia County

Kansasdoe 12-07-2012 05:41 PM

Welcome to the club.

BruceBruce1959 12-10-2012 06:38 AM

Greetings from Vermont, Welcome to the Club !!!