Kodiak Brown Bear Hunt - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 12-10-2012, 05:59 PM
Scrub Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBruce1959 View Post
This is not what I've heard, as a matter of fact it's the opposite from what I've been told by two different outfitters...,
Brown Bear meat is supposed to be best in the fall because the spring Bear meat is more parasitic after long hibernations.
Both outfitters I asked also said whether it's fall or a spring kill the meat is always greasy & gamey tasting but a fall kill always produces better meat.
I enjoyed the video but I have to say now knowing that the meat was left behind I'm not so excited seeing this hunt,
I'm sure there would have been a way to get the meat to somone in need rather than just leave it, Especially knowing you had quads to haul it out with.
well that's my opinion and I hope others dont make the same choice on their Brown bear hunts.
Good Luck
Bruce,
I believe they were mistaken. In Alaska because of the prolific salmon runs even black bears meat dose not have to be removed from the field in the fall but it is mandatory for spring hunts.
Also I gave the location of the kill to locals who were going to recover various parts for traditional crafts and meals.
-JR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement