Introduction - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2007, 12:54 PM
Scrub Buck

Default Introduction

Hi one and all. I'm legume and I got that nick back in High School. Kinda stuck with me through all these years. In case your interested(probably not!) I was always trying to cut weight for Varsity Wrestling so I went on a fresh bean and sweet peas diet(sorta like the boxer Butterbean). It always seemed to work and I always made weight. Anyhow...I love to hunt. I started out with rabbits when I was 17, and moved on to shotgunning for deer about a year later. I loved deer hunting so much that I wanted to constantly spend more time in the woods. This brought me to bow hunting, and a passion was born and embraced. I've been bow hunting 10 years now and I find that I learn more and more each year. I would consider myself more of a meat hunter, but I have killed some descent bucks in my day. IMO, there is nothing better than fresh venison served alongside some homemade mashed 'taters, off course, some type of legume ; ), and a frosty mug of beer, or burgundy(what ever I'm in the mood for that day).I met a darling of a women 18 months ago and have fallen madly in love. We are engaged to be married in January, and I can't wait. Although she is the love of my life, she doesn't care for my passion to hunt. We've never seen eye to eye on the subject, but I think I'm turning the corner. When we first met, she thought it was a bloody sport that showed a lack of respect to animals. Her experience with deer hunting was seeing camoflaged trucks or beat up SUVs going down the road with either bloody deer hanging out or strapped on top. As I said earlier, I've showed her that that is only a small population of hunters and to not allow them to bruise our reputation. She said as long as I would do the same, she would keep an opened mind to the subject.Well, I've probably told you more than you ever care to know...with that I must be off!