Introduction - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > The Lodge
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

Old 11-13-2007, 01:54 PM
Scrub Buck

Default Introduction

Hi one and all. I'm legume and I got that nick back in High School. Kinda stuck with me through all these years. In case your interested(probably not!) I was always trying to cut weight for Varsity Wrestling so I went on a fresh bean and sweet peas diet(sorta like the boxer Butterbean). It always seemed to work and I always made weight. Anyhow...I love to hunt. I started out with rabbits when I was 17, and moved on to shotgunning for deer about a year later. I loved deer hunting so much that I wanted to constantly spend more time in the woods. This brought me to bow hunting, and a passion was born and embraced. I've been bow hunting 10 years now and I find that I learn more and more each year. I would consider myself more of a meat hunter, but I have killed some descent bucks in my day. IMO, there is nothing better than fresh venison served alongside some homemade mashed 'taters, off course, some type of legume ; ), and a frosty mug of beer, or burgundy(what ever I'm in the mood for that day).I met a darling of a women 18 months ago and have fallen madly in love. We are engaged to be married in January, and I can't wait. Although she is the love of my life, she doesn't care for my passion to hunt. We've never seen eye to eye on the subject, but I think I'm turning the corner. When we first met, she thought it was a bloody sport that showed a lack of respect to animals. Her experience with deer hunting was seeing camoflaged trucks or beat up SUVs going down the road with either bloody deer hanging out or strapped on top. As I said earlier, I've showed her that that is only a small population of hunters and to not allow them to bruise our reputation. She said as long as I would do the same, she would keep an opened mind to the subject.Well, I've probably told you more than you ever care to know...with that I must be off!
Old 11-13-2007, 02:52 PM

welcome to the club my friend. the long intro is cool. we like to get to know one another on here. congrats on your lady friend and the upcoming marriage. good luck with convincing her that not all hunters are just gung ho night spotlighting deer slayers. i think the respect the average hunter shows wild animals is unparallel to non hunters. with that being said i hope you enjoy the site. make yourself at home.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:32 PM
B&C 140 Class

welcome to a great site legume
Old 11-13-2007, 08:33 PM
Scrub Buck

Default hey

Welcome to the site
Old 11-13-2007, 08:46 PM

Hey legume and welcome to the forum. The intro was well stated. That lets us know alot about you too which is a good thing. Sounds like you have a great deal of experience in the art of deer hunting. More importantly, you have a great woman in your life as well. You'll have to scroll down to maybe page 2 in the lodge and check the post "does anybody ever get in trouble?" It's pretty amusing. Anyways, welcome and start posting. Oh yeah, I hope you don't hit as hard as Butterbean "OUCH" LOL

Last edited by timberghost; 11-13-2007 at 08:51 PM. Reason: add Bbean comment
Old 11-13-2007, 09:04 PM
B&C 180 Class

welcome to the campfire,beers cold the tall tales are getting taller.Glad to have another bow nut ,set a spell and get comfortable
Genesis 27:3 "The thinking deer hunter should mature through three phases during his hunting life. First phase, "I need to kill a deer." Second phase, I want to harvest a nice deer. And last phase, we must manage this resource so our children and their children can experience the grand tradition of good deer hunting." - Jim Slinsky