Deer Hunting Forums banner

Box Stand

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  tator 
#1 ·
I ment to post these pics earlier but it slipped my mind until now. This is my new stand. We made it 4x8 because we usually hunt in pairs. there are several lanes cut out for now but the plan for next spring is to sow those lanes in a food source. There is a great view from the back of the stand looking off the mountain so if the deer arent moving then at least I have a good view to look at.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Hellbilly, this blind is set on my land in Virginia, I don't hunt much in North Carolina even though I live here.

No tv and wifi but it does have propane heat and senic views.

My dad is almost 70 now so I wanted something that he could get in out of the weather and still enjoy the outdoors as well as somewhere to start my kids out hunting when they are young and have a hard time with the cold and sitting still.

#9 ·
My dad is almost 70 now so I wanted something that he could get in out of the weather and still enjoy the outdoors as well as somewhere to start my kids out hunting when they are young and have a hard time with the cold and sitting still.

You sound like me. My dad is nearing 66 years old and plus I have a 4 year old that in a couple years I want to start taking with me. That's why I built a set up somewhat close to yours. Mine's 4'x6' and has a single pitch roof on it. It's 8' tall on the inside at it's highest point and 6' at it's lowest. It stands about 6feet off the ground. I have it in a hayfield that is very hilly and completely surrounded by woods. The hayfield is 40acres and the deer love to come out and chase and graze in the clover and grass.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.