Big Buck Power Lift - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Non Hunting Topics and Classifieds > Hunting Manufacturers Area
Hunting Manufacturers Area If you manufacture any type of hunting related product you can advertise it here for FREE!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2012, 12:01 AM
Scrub Buck

Default Big Buck Power Lift

Hey guys,
I am new to the forum, and I have a few questions about a product that I am designing for my Senior Capstone project at the University of North Dakota. It is called the Big Buck Power Lift. It is a hitch attachment for your truck that will load a deer using a 2000lb winch and a swing arm assembly. There are three main pieces that can be assembled easily in minutes. The winch will attach to the front of the truck bed and I was sure to design a bracket that could be easily attached and will not damage the truck bed under the load of the deer. The lift will be made out of 2x2 square steel tubing so strength should not be an issue. Unlike most lifts or hoists out there this one will load the deer all the way into the truck bed, it is not a hoist that only lifts the deer up at the back of the vehicle. The price should be around $350. I am asking these following questions to be sure I have a variety of hunters input before creating a prototype. What would you pay for a lift such as this? How big of an issue is weight? Why would you choose this lift over the competing lifts and hoists? What are some improvements or accessories that you would like to see available with the lift? I have some designs created in AutoCAD that I will try to post aswell.
Thanks for your input!