#1 · (Edited)
SUREFIRE WEAPON LIGHT
RECHARGEABLE CONVERSION
350 LUMENS $175
TWO HOURS RUN TIME
OR $135 FOR THE FLASHLIGHT
WITH 5 FUNCTION AND 350 LUMENS LAMP

Hi guys,
I have made one rechargeable conversion of a Surefire 6P flashlight, into a weapon light of 345 lumens.

You can mount this baby in a 5.56 mm a 50 caliber or a shotgun, it will shrug recoil no matter what caliber you shoot. Ideal to mount in a bow, friends that have niusance licenses are using my early versions.

Surefire have one, but is longer, runs only for 20 minutes on three disposables 123's batteries and is only 225 lumens, as well as costing $420.--
Millennium Universal WeaponLight System - M961XM07 available from SureFire

I have machined the interior of the Surefire body, to accept the use of a premium quality Lithium Ion rechargeable battery.
The lamp have a very heavy spring that acts as a shock absorber and the one piece battery really doesn’t have room to move forward

The special machined Surefire body is a part of the equation.
The Lamp is a new one by Thru Nite, it is the new Cree R-5 and output and incredible 345 lumens (well more than any Surefire weapon light)

The tail cap has a remote cable switch with pressure pad, so you can place it on the stock of your rifle or shotgun, under your thumb. Yes thumb pressure will activate the light.

Usually this type of light uses 123’s batteries, they go fast under the power of 345 lumens, so I opted for a long run time battery, rechargeable, that will last you close to 2 hours of run time.

Moreover, when you are unsure of how much battery juice is in the battery, just pop it into the charger and you get a full charged battery, ideal if you practice much night shooting with your AR.
You cannot do that with 123’s primary batteries unless you are willing to dump expensive half used batteries.

Li Ion technology will provide extend use if you don’t use the light, an occasional full top charge every 5 months will keep the battery at full capacity.

I have used a crenellated bezel up front, but I also have available a bezel with no crenellated, if the buyer so desire.

I provide the light with a Weaver ring, or a heavy QD lever mount so you only have to clamp it to a Weaver or Picattiny mount

E-mail me if you want to mount it on a sporting rifle and need to know which mount to use and where in the rifle to put it.

For bows usually it mount in the stabilizer by addin a $4.00 Weaver base, usually the #61A for a flat surface or a curved bottom one for the stabilizer

Charger good for 110 to 240 volts, I provide plugs for Australian, European or UK if necessary

I also have red lenses if they are needed (lenses not filters) but filters are available where Surefires are sold.

$175 shipped in the USA
$190 shipped International

PAY PAL at:
jcharles11784(at)yahoo(dot)com

Also write me a this e-mail if you need more information or want to pay with money order.

If you PM me here, it will take longer to answer you, as I am working away from the computer, while e-mails I always can answer from my cell phone.

Thank you for looking
Watchmaker

See less See more
#2 ·
It can be attached to a shotgun magazine with this mount (Mossberg 500)

Or to the barrel of any shotgun (like in this Remingtom 1100)

Or to the barrel of a Sporting rifle

Or to the scope

And they will quick detach and attach.

Cheers
W

#3 · (Edited)
UPDATE SEPTEMBER 2010

BEAMSHOTS FROM THE NEW LAMPS
350 LUMENS STRAIGHT
AND 350 LUMENS
5 FUNCTION LAMP

Due to a new reflector shape, the new lamps have a gain in range of over 20 yards.
The flood seems to be the same, so people clearing rooms will be well serve.
Hunters will love the new lamps due to the increased range

75 yards

52 yards (beam shot goes under trees where more moisture is accumulated and reflects on the beam)

60 yards

I have now the best long throw small head light in the market, your AR will have a superior range all over all other lights, my tactical light is six times more powerful than a similar incandescent 6P or G-2. C-2 etc light.
Plus:
50,000 hours lamp life
2 hours run time for the straight 350 lumens lamp
And up to 9 hours for the 5 functions lamp (in the 50 lumens mode)
RECHARGEABLE using the best Lithium Ion battery in existence
Quick Detach LEVER mount
Pressure pad switch AND regular click switch included
Two models available:
Hard anodized matte black $185 for the weapon light, $145 for the flashlight
Or Glossy anodized, $175 for the weapon light or $135 for the flashlight
Charger included
Crenellated bezel or flat bezel
Extra batteries available (for extra run time)

e-mail me at
for more information

#5 · (Edited)
MOUNTING OPTIONS

I HAVE THREE MOUNTING OPTIONS FOR YOUR WEAPON LIGHT.
All will attach securely to Picatinny rails or Weaver bases

First is an all steel quick detach LEVER mount
Second is an ultra lightweight all aluminum nut mount
Third is an aluminum OFFSET mount on the Daniel Defense style
Your choice

SWITCH OPTIONS

For the weapon light I have four switch options.

First: A pressure pad switch with straight cord (for rifles)
Second: A pressure pad switch with curly cord (for shotguns)
And for those that don’t like cables on their guns:
Third: A momentary and also click on/off switch
Fourth: A momentary and turn on/ off switch (Surefire system)

#6 ·
SAVE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS

Surefire weapon lights are very good, but they run on RC123’s batteries, which are costly (around $2 each for the Surefire brand).

A two battery Surefire will do 65 lumens for 1 hour on two batteries or 120 lumens for 20 minutes with the P-61 lamp.

A 3 battery weapon light will do 200 lumens on three 123’s batteries for 20 minutes.

That is $18.00 in batteries for one hour to throw a 200 lumens beam, with a lamp’s life of 36 hours.

You can see such a light (a Surefire 9P) on the picture left. On the right side is my offering of the tactical weapon light with a lamp life of 50,000 hours, running on a rechargeable battery with 2 hours run time, and outputting 300 lumens.

The battery life is 2,000 hours (it can be recharged 1,000 times) after that, a new battery will cost $23 shipped.

If you were to use the Surefire 200 lumens light for 2,000 hours you will spend $36,000 in batteries.

Stop wasting money in expensive 123’s and e-mail me for the tactical weapon conversion.
And it’s shorter and lighter too.
jcharles11784(at)yahoo(dot)com.

Thank you for looking
Best wishes

#7 · (Edited)
If you want to mount the weapon light to a sporting rifle or shotgun, I have at extra cost, clamp Picatinny rails for rifle barrel, shotgun barrel or magazine tube and for scope.

E-mail me at

for more information.

With my options I can customize the light to your needs, no other manufacturer offer this.

Cheers
Watchmaker

#8 · (Edited)
Thank you for looking

On right is a picture of the glossy anodized weapon light with the pressure pad switch (you also get the regular switch for when the light is out of the rifle), all steel LEVER mount, charger and battery. The weapon light uses the 350 lumens 1 level lamp. $175 shipped

Here is the picture of the weapon light in matte black hard anodized type III, with the pressure pad switch and the all steel LEVER mount $185 shipped

The flashlights are the same but without the mount or the pressure pad switch, the glossy flashlight is $135 and the matte black is $145 shipped

The flashlight uses the 350 lumens 1 level lamp OR the 5 level lamps (your choice)

You can e-mail me at jcharles11784(at)yahoo(dot)com for more information, pictures, OPTIONS and references.
I have options to customize the light to your needs, for example if you don't like cables, I offer instead a soft momentary switch that you can activate with the finger of your grasping hand. curly cords pressure pads for shotguns, straight for rifles, lightweight Weaver style mounts if you are concerned with weight.
E-mail me for the latest options available as I am always bringing new options to the system

Cheers
Watchmaker

#10 ·
With the new lamp of 350 lumens it is possible to make 100 yards (scoped rifle) shoots at coyotes or pigs.

Very excited about the new lamp, it is a real winner.

I warranty the light for a year
e-mail me at
for more information, options and pictures

Best
Watchmaker

#16 ·
SAVE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS

Surefire weapon lights are very good, but they run on RC123’s batteries, which are costly (around $2 each for the Surefire brand).

A two battery Surefire will do 65 lumens for 1 hour on two batteries or 120 lumens for 20 minutes with the P-61 lamp.

A 3 battery weapon light will do 200 lumens on three 123’s batteries for 20 minutes.

That is $18.00 in batteries for one hour to throw a 200 lumens beam, with a lamp’s life of 36 hours.

You can see such a light (a Surefire 9P) on the picture left. On the right side is my offering of the tactical weapon light with a lamp life of 50,000 hours, running on a rechargeable battery with 2 hours run time, and outputting 300 lumens.

The battery life is 2,000 hours (it can be recharged 1,000 times) after that, a new battery will cost $23 shipped.

If you were to use the Surefire 200 lumens light for 2,000 hours you will spend $36,000 in batteries.

Stop wasting money in expensive 123’s and e-mail me for the tactical weapon conversion.
And it’s shorter and lighter too.
jcharles11784(at)yahoo(dot)com.

Thank you for looking
Best wishes

#18 ·
MOUNTING OPTIONS

I HAVE THREE MOUNTING OPTIONS FOR YOUR WEAPON LIGHT.
All will attach securely to Picatinny rails or Weaver bases

First is an all steel quick detach LEVER mount
Second is an ultra lightweight all aluminum nut mount
Third is an aluminum OFFSET mount on the Daniel Defense style
Your choice

SWITCH OPTIONS

For the weapon light I have four switch options.

First: A pressure pad switch with straight cord (for rifles)
Second: A pressure pad switch with curly cord (for shotguns)
And for those that don’t like cables on their guns:
Third: A momentary and also click on/off switch
Fourth: A momentary and turn on/ off switch (Surefire system)

#23 · (Edited)
Thank you for looking

A revision on the circuit of the 5 level lamp, resulted on an improved run time of 24 hours in the 50 lumens level

THE TACTICAL LIGHT, THE DRIVEWAY PATROL AND THE BEARS

Hi guys,
Been working like a madman for a couple of years, little time to visit or do reviews, besides I am making my own tactical light now, rechargeable and with 350 lumens. I have two lamps for the light, a 1 level 350 lumens to use as a weapon light (I supply the pressure pad switch and the mount) and another lamp with five levels.

In a recent revision of the circuit of the 5 level lamp, the lower setting of 50 lumens was increased in run time to 24 hours!
So the lamp runs 350 lumens for 2 hours 20 minutes, 175 lumens for 4 hours 20 minutes and 50 lumens for 24 hours!
It also has a 350 lumens strobe and a 350 lumens SOS. And all this running on a rechargeable battery.

I have a private, secluded place in the Adirondacks where I fly fish for trout, it is a camping proposition, and in an area noted by a great amount of Bear traffic. It must be the berry patches or another feature of the terrain, but the place seems to be a preferred haunt by black bears. And I camp by myself for two or three days or until my fishing arm falls off.

Over the years I have had to chase several bears out of the campsite in the dark hours of the night. For years I have been using the Driveway Patrol as an alarm system, the PIR infrared of the sensor will detect body heat/movement up to 20/30 feet away, and the alarm chime inside the tent will wake me up.
I usually get up and opening the tent door I shine a powerful light (a Borealis 1,150 lumens) and in a gruff voice I tell the intruder to get out.
It works until now, but I am well aware that one day a cross bear or a mother with cubs can give me trouble or try to make a meal out of me.

So the new addition of the tactical light in the 50 lumens mode, permits me to flood the campsite area with light all night long, and still have battery juice for three more nights.
So when the alarm awakes me, just a look out of the screen door, will let me know beforehand what I am dealing with.

I put the alarm sensor on a ¼ “ pole and on top a piece of wood with a hole for the pole and the light secured on top. Actually I have two sets like that, so I also can see what is going on when I look out the side window.
Here is a picture of the set up.

Of course I have Bear protection with me and I also take all the necessary precautions to keep an odor free camp, to the extend of cooking my meals and storing my food and clothing with scents, 200 yards away from my sleeping quarters.
If somebody is interested in the tactical, rechargeable light or in the weapon light, just send me an e-mail to

The Driveway Patrol is available all over the net, the last time I bought it was $19.99 from same place in the net.
If you camp where Bears could be an issue, think about my set up, it could save you some aggravation or worst.
Cheers
Watchmaker

#26 ·
PRESENTING THE NEW
LION BOREALIS 1,150-LUMEN FLASHLIGHT

After 6 years of handcrafting the Borealis Rolls Royce, I have stopped making them in favor of the new LION BOREALIS.

The new light uses a different and new power source: three newly developed Lithium Ion, fully protected batteries.
The new batteries power the 3 ½ amps of the powerful Borealis bulb, and will produce 47 minutes of runtime.

Three extra batteries (for extra runtime) are available for $69.

The new Lion Borealis is $300 shipped, and includes two chargers and a cigarette lighter (12 volts) cord.

Since it is made with the “host” of the 4C format, it is much lighter than the Borealis Rolls Royce, at 12 ¾” long and 19 oz heavy.

It uses the same bulb and reflector of the famous Borealis Rolls Royce, so beam quality, throw distance and flood spread remain the same.
Extensive tests were done in hot, cold, underwater, and muddy environments, and the new LION (short for Li Ion batteries) is as sturdy and dependable as the old Rolls Royce.

Please e-mail me at jcharles11784(at)yahoo(dot)com for more information. My PayPal is the same as the address above.
Looking forward to being of service.

Watchmaker

Black Bear Flashlights is not affiliated with Mag Instrument, Inc., which owns the famous MAG family of trademarks, including MAG-LITE®, and MINI-MAGLITE®,
trademarks in the distinctive shape, style and overall appearance of its flashlights, and in the circumferential inscriptions around the face caps of all of Mag
Instruments Inc.'s flashlights. Mag Instruments, Inc's trademarks are shown on this website for illustration only. Black Bear Flashlights are not made, licensed,
endorsed, approved or recommended by Mag Instrument, Inc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.