Deer Hunting Forums banner

Hog Hunting Florida

5K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Hellbilly 
#1 ·
I live in PA but we travel to Florida a couple times a year. I really wanna shoot a hog but have never hunted them. Any tips? it would be on public land there in the summer.

#2 ·
check out the manegament area you plan to hunt,not many allow hog hunting after small game season is over. What are in Fla will you be and Ill see if I can help ya with a place. Just remember to have plenty of ice in the summer.Take plenty of water to drink and dont forget your snakeboots

#5 ·
I just checked the Florida game site and it said that you may hunt hogs during most seasons except spring turkey. I would be staying in Orlando so I believe it would be section B or C.
This time of year there is no place on public land to hunt except maybe one if its still open.You will also need a john boat to get back into it if its open.You will need to go to one of the hog outfitters. There is several in the Orlando area and also a nice one in Okeechobee.Make sure you go to a good one with a decent price and almost 100% harvest record.The ones on craigslist I wouldnt trust.If you need some outfitter names let us know and we can get ya a few.Also any other questions just ask

#4 ·
There is only 1 PUA ( public use area) that is open all year round for hog hunting. It is kissimmee chain of lakes. Not too far from Orlando. But, if you are wanting to have a successful hunt, i would probably check into doing a paid hunt. You will not have to buy any liscence to do a paid hunt.

Summer time is a rough time of the year to hunt hogs. They will move first thing in the morning and at night. Just to hot during the day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.