Deer Hunting Forums banner

This morning

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  kemster99 
#1 ·
Brought my son with me this morning, we got to the property alittle too early, good thing i brought both my ARs. lol. saw some deer get run off a feeder and they kept looking back. figured it was either a buck or a hog. well it ended up being this guy. 90 yds shot with the NV AR. This guy is going to a local soup kitchen.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
trying not to fill it up..lol. deer season is here. Actually quite a few of the hogs i have killed have been donated , to families needing help or for benefits. Just recently found a church that would take them for their soup kitchen. that is where this guy went to.

#6 ·
Thats admirable. Glad to see some good use out of them. I must admit, I thought I might be able to keep up with you on the hogs. You have gotten 4 or 5 since I have been hunting. Thanksgiving week I will be deer hunting in the day and hog hunting at night now that the ar is sighted in with my ATN 350.

It will be put up or shut up time for me. I grew up in Florida, didnt know that there was that many in the Tampa area. I hunted in the Goethe national forest and Gulf Hammock with some decent luck.

#7 ·
crawdaddy--

i have some private cattle property down in Manatee county to shoot hogs off of. The land owner just wants them gone. they root up her green fields for her cattle. I have filled my freezer , all of my friends freezers, and now have found 2 churches that will take them. Will fill them up in a while too. Some of the smaller ones get used for coyote bait, but that is just the way it goes. I am up to around 50 - 51 hogs taken off the place since Feb.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.