Deer Hunting Forums banner

New Ruger SR1911

11K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  gfdeputy2 
#1 ·
Has anyone seen or heard about the new Ruger SR1911? I just saw some photos of it, it looks really nice! I was wondering if anyone knew how much it was going to sell for?

#2 ·
Suggested retail $799.99 so should sell most places for around $600
will be released sometime in May but don't expect to get one till June or July as there are already a boat load of preorders
I will have one by July

#3 ·
Update:

I got to shoot one last weekend this gun is amazing shot awsome out of the box even w/ cheap ammo
I have put my name on the list for one

#9 ·
well we compared the SR1911 to a Kimber Pro Crimson Carry II & the Ruger shot as well as the Kimber using open sites to make a fair comparison I do lik4e colts the best had a colt 1911 officer's model
but I think for the price Ruger has done it very well

#11 ·
I "grew up" on 1911's in the Army. I was infantry at first, even did a stint as company armorer fixing rifles, pistols, etc. Fired plenty of Colts during my time and even picked up a Remington Rand M1911A1 with a WWII vintage since then. Everything I've heard from folks buying the Ruger 1911 has been positive, not a single thing negative. Have not had the privilege to fire Ruger's version, so I cannot provide any 'personal' input.

I use my 1911 as backup home defense. One thing about a .45 ACP - one hit from a 230 grain hollow point and the other guy isn't going to be getting back up.

RR

#12 · (Edited)
So true
I alway's liked the .45 cal I have had a few but being a small frame guy & small hands the 1911 fits me the best I had the old ruger P90 was a brick way to big for my small hands. I had a 1911 colt officers model compact I really liked but seemed to stove pipe a lot was well used but rough time & needed money so it was sold
I am just glad it is hunting season because I would be going nuts right now waiting for it to arrive also going to look into a Crimson laser site for it. really like it on my fathers Kimber

#19 ·
Me either HM but the wait is over picked it up last Friday night.
just a beautiful gun shoots very nice just have to get used to the old heavy 1911 Ruger did very well with this one

#25 ·
Shoots fantastic nice crisp trigger (adjustable too)
I do have to play with it some more
I haven't had a 1911 or a full size pistol for that matter for a while
but will post some more pics may not be till after hunting season unless it happens to end early :biggrin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.