Deer Hunting Forums banner

Point of Aim

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  rdrader2002 
#1 ·

The picture here is straight out of the Springfield Armory manual for my XD-40.

When aligning the sites as per the picture above, I'm putting the rounds into the dirt or at least several inches below where I want them to go. I've learned that in order to hit the targets where I want to, I've had to make a little triangle out of the sites. I place the front site a little above the horizontal line made by the two rear site posts. I can at least hit the broad side of a barn like that. Just ask Buckfever about that point! :wink:

Oh, I had a qualified armorer put tritium (glow in the dark) sites on my XD a year or so back, but remember having the same issue with the 'plain' sites before that. Anyone know what happened to either me and/or my XD??? :wallbash:

See less See more
#3 ·
These seems to be a common problem nowadays seems a lot of manufactures do to test firearms for accuracy like they used to just fire to make sure they function properly or if it hits paper it is good enough so you pretty much have to find that sweet spot like you did or have the sights worked to get it where they should be (cha ching) this could get expensive & time consuming

#7 ·

This is the Point of Aim I have to use when shooting my XD. Am supposed to take the pistol back to the smith that mounted my night sights. Need another payday to get the ammo to take out to the range. (Ammo ain't cheep no more!)

Buckfever has fired this one and knows what I'm talking about. Can hit what I'm aiming at, or at least if I miss, I've made the other guy duck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.