Deer Hunting Forums banner

getting a sigma.

9K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  hunter177 
#1 ·
getting a used s&w "sigma" .40 cal in great shape, with 2 extera 14rd mags, 2 hulsters, and 100 rounds of ammo off a friend for $200. will post pics when i get a chance.

G
#2 · (Edited)
Malisa</a> - Todd fo

Malisa</a> - Todd found one today. He called out from the batoorhm (where else would a man be when reading a magazine?), What's Nathan's last name? Opened up a copy of Digital Camera. You're on Page 1.Good to see you again.

#4 ·
it does have a heavy trigger pull for a semi audo. but is a real nice gun. the one time the guy i bought it from shot it, i was there and one of the people who shot it. and the trigger pull beig heavy for a semi dont bother me cuase im usaly a revolver guy, so im usto heavy trigger pulls. this is actualy my first semi audo. BWT i have already picked it up. i just could not wait.

#5 ·
You shot it yet? Was it accurate?

The reason I ask is Ive been looking at handguns here lately and have yet to meet a sig fan. I dont know if its cause they had that legal issue with glock and most everyone I meet is a glock fan or if its cause they are less expensive of a handgun, or if they really are that bad.

For $200 and all the stuff you got with it I would have had to make the purchase and just found out for myself. Sounds like a good deal you got.

#6 ·
yes i know the previous owner, and the one time he brought it to the range i was there, and shot it. only about 30 rounds though. i hit a clay piggen with it at about 30 yards in the first try and followed it up with a real nice grooping on a paper target......... and im not that good with hand guns. (im right handed, and left eye domonant)

#12 ·
Thank you sir. I asked several folks about the sigma and from there on in the conversation they kept on saying "Never buy a sig, their crap."

I should have kept the 2 seperate only from the fact that I read a bunch of books. One author I read is a gun genius and he always referred to and over explained handguns. A sig wasnt his first choice but always wrote that a sig was in short form "a great gun".

#17 ·
no prob. if one of my threads can get someone the info they are looking for that is great in my opinion. there are many much nicer guns out there for way more $$$$$ and plenty of cheeper gund out there that feel cheep in your hand. i just think that the sigma is one of the best bang for your buck guns out there

#18 ·
buckfever - Recommend the Sig Sauer P229 Equinox in 9mm if your into punching paper. The 40 cal are nice too but much harder on the internal components. You will pay more but there quality is outstanding.

The X5 guns pistols are the high end and suburb as they are machined and assembled in Germany however they are out of most people's budget range. ($1800-3200)

#21 ·
"When I get ready for concealed carry I will look at Kimber."

Use my XD-40 4" barrel for my primary carry. Have put over 1000 rounds down range with it and it hasn't hiccuped once.

Would rather carry the thing 1,000 times and never need it, than not carrying one day and need it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.