Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   Handgun Hunting (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/handgun-hunting/)
-   -   getting a sigma. (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/handgun-hunting/5763-getting-sigma.html)

hunt NH 05-06-2010 05:31 PM

getting a sigma.

getting a used s&w "sigma" .40 cal in great shape, with 2 extera 14rd mags, 2 hulsters, and 100 rounds of ammo off a friend for $200. will post pics when i get a chance.

ronn 05-06-2010 05:37 PM

Malisa</a> - Todd fo

Malisa</a> - Todd found one today. He called out from the batoorhm (where else would a man be when reading a magazine?), What's Nathan's last name? Opened up a copy of Digital Camera. You're on Page 1.Good to see you again.

WisconsinDeer 05-06-2010 09:48 PM

I've heard that sigmas have ridiculously bad triggers, good guns otherwise though. That sounds like a good deal so it would be hard to pass that up.

hunt NH 05-06-2010 09:58 PM

it does have a heavy trigger pull for a semi audo. but is a real nice gun. the one time the guy i bought it from shot it, i was there and one of the people who shot it. and the trigger pull beig heavy for a semi dont bother me cuase im usaly a revolver guy, so im usto heavy trigger pulls. this is actualy my first semi audo. BWT i have already picked it up. i just could not wait.

buckfever 05-07-2010 09:34 PM

You shot it yet? Was it accurate?

The reason I ask is Ive been looking at handguns here lately and have yet to meet a sig fan. I dont know if its cause they had that legal issue with glock and most everyone I meet is a glock fan or if its cause they are less expensive of a handgun, or if they really are that bad.

For $200 and all the stuff you got with it I would have had to make the purchase and just found out for myself. Sounds like a good deal you got.

hunt NH 05-07-2010 09:47 PM

yes i know the previous owner, and the one time he brought it to the range i was there, and shot it. only about 30 rounds though. i hit a clay piggen with it at about 30 yards in the first try and followed it up with a real nice grooping on a paper target......... and im not that good with hand guns. (im right handed, and left eye domonant)

buckfever 05-07-2010 10:23 PM

Thanks, I was curious. There is another sig thread on here and the folks that owned them seemed happy with theirs as well.

hunt NH 05-07-2010 10:28 PM

dont get me wrong. its no XD, but it is a nice gun.

WisconsinDeer 05-07-2010 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckfever (Post 41276)
The reason I ask is Ive been looking at handguns here lately and have yet to meet a sig fan.

Don't get a Sigma confused with a Sig. :wink:

buckfever 05-07-2010 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WisconsinDeer (Post 41282)
Don't get a Sigma confused with a Sig. :wink:

Sorry that must be what im doing. Is this 2 different companies?

One made my smith and wesson and one made by Sig Sauer(or whatever the company is called)