Glock purchase? - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Handgun Hunting

Old 04-21-2010, 09:20 AM

Default Glock purchase?

Ok here what I got so far. Suppose to look at the gun when I get back. Ya'll please give me your thoughts on the deal.

Glock 40 cal, holster, 2 clips, with a 357 interchangeable barrell.

$400.00

Im handgun stupid so finding out you could pruchase an interchangeable barrell was all new to me. Suppose to be in great shape. The guy that has it for sale works with my neighbor.

I was looking at a glock 17 in 9mm for $460 total with 1 clip. Thought the other deal seemed very awesome compared. Thoughts please.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:48 PM
ronn

Lightbulb , I saw ammo being s

, I saw ammo being sold by the case at the last local gunshow. I saw an eirnte pallet of assorted calibers sell in 15 minutes. The vendor told me he'd sold five pallets so far at 1:30PM. The show continued until 5PM and from 9AM-3PM on Sunday. His minimum sale was the case. He said it was too much work to break up a case. Another vendor was buying a cases of ammo from the first, breaking up the cases and selling individual boxes and a 10% markup.A lot of ammo was selling at the show.

Last edited by Anastasia; 04-18-2014 at 08:18 AM. Reason: CtcT3c46UQjg
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:23 PM
B&C 140 Class

If you purchased the weapon for home defense, be glad that you got the .40 cal. Although there are some pretty awesome home defense rounds out there for 9mm, the same rounds are MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE in .40 caliber.

Like ronn said above "not a bad deal depending on condition". Now take your time to clean it up real good, then go out and learn how to use it. No telling when you're liable to need it, just hoping that you never have to use it for its intended purpose. But it's far better to have it, and never need it, than to not have it, and then need it -- for what it's worth.

And who knows, maybe the next time we meet, we can have us a little competition -- <grin>.

And while you're at it, try to get a couple extra clips so you can alternate the loaded ones -- if you intend to keep it loaded at all times. Mine may not be "loaded" at all times, but there's always at least a clip or two that is/are loaded. Again, for what it's worth!

Last edited by rdrader2002; 04-21-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:27 PM

If the 40 is in good condition that is a good deal. I agree with rdrader about stopping power in regards to the 40.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:24 AM

Sounds like a good deal to me but I'm not too sure about the interchangeability of barrels or clips,
It may be possible but I've never heard anything about it.
If it is possible to change out the barrel or clip from one caliber to another That's news to me too....
That's something you might want to look into before deciding.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:25 AM

Never owned a glock so i can't help on this one. Seems their held in high regard by many police dept's across the country. Good luck on the purchase!
Old 05-11-2010, 10:44 PM
B&C 140 Class

Default Glock interchanging calibres for a model 22, 23, & 27

It is true that you can purchess a new barrel and get the choice of firing both the 40 S&W and 357 Sig in the same pistol. The cartridge base is the same and the recoil pulse is close enough the the standard spring works fine. The mags are interchangable as most of the 357 Sig dimentions are again the same as the 40. I have fired both, it seemed that the 357 cycled faster with less muzzle flip. That was probibly due to the fact that I was shooting a lighter weight bullet in the 357 sig which would be operating at a higher velocity. I have been through the Glock armorer course and as a non gunsmith the pistol is very well thought out. Having said that I still prefer the trigger on my Custom 1911 Springfield 45 to the less crisp springy trigger in my 40 cal Glock 35.

Karl
Old 10-25-2010, 05:51 AM
Scrub Buck

The Glock .40 cal is a GOOD deal ! The 9mm is not very effective, just ask the FBI
Old 10-04-2013, 02:14 PM
Scrub Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckfever View Post
Ok here what I got so far. Suppose to look at the gun when I get back. Ya'll please give me your thoughts on the deal.

Glock 40 cal, holster, 2 clips, with a 357 interchangeable barrell.

$400.00

Im handgun stupid so finding out you could pruchase an interchangeable barrell was all new to me. Suppose to be in great shape. The guy that has it for sale works with my neighbor.

I was looking at a glock 17 in 9mm for $460 total with 1 clip. Thought the other deal seemed very awesome compared. Thoughts please.
I have a Glock .40 cal and absolutely love it. I also have 3 mags for it and do not keep all of them loaded as keeping them loaded weakens the springs over time. $400 is a real good deal if it's in good shape.