Deer Hunting Forums banner

Glock purchase?

20K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Mainah2010 
#1 ·
Ok here what I got so far. Suppose to look at the gun when I get back. Ya'll please give me your thoughts on the deal.

Glock 40 cal, holster, 2 clips, with a 357 interchangeable barrell.

$400.00

Im handgun stupid so finding out you could pruchase an interchangeable barrell was all new to me. Suppose to be in great shape. The guy that has it for sale works with my neighbor.

I was looking at a glock 17 in 9mm for $460 total with 1 clip. Thought the other deal seemed very awesome compared. Thoughts please.

G
#2 · (Edited)
, I saw ammo being s

, I saw ammo being sold by the case at the last local gunshow. I saw an eirnte pallet of assorted calibers sell in 15 minutes. The vendor told me he'd sold five pallets so far at 1:30PM. The show continued until 5PM and from 9AM-3PM on Sunday. His minimum sale was the case. He said it was too much work to break up a case. Another vendor was buying a cases of ammo from the first, breaking up the cases and selling individual boxes and a 10% markup.A lot of ammo was selling at the show.

#3 · (Edited)
If you purchased the weapon for home defense, be glad that you got the .40 cal. Although there are some pretty awesome home defense rounds out there for 9mm, the same rounds are MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE in .40 caliber.

Like ronn said above "not a bad deal depending on condition". Now take your time to clean it up real good, then go out and learn how to use it. No telling when you're liable to need it, just hoping that you never have to use it for its intended purpose. But it's far better to have it, and never need it, than to not have it, and then need it -- for what it's worth.

And who knows, maybe the next time we meet, we can have us a little competition -- <grin>.

And while you're at it, try to get a couple extra clips so you can alternate the loaded ones -- if you intend to keep it loaded at all times. Mine may not be "loaded" at all times, but there's always at least a clip or two that is/are loaded. Again, for what it's worth!

#5 ·
Sounds like a good deal to me but I'm not too sure about the interchangeability of barrels or clips,
It may be possible but I've never heard anything about it.
If it is possible to change out the barrel or clip from one caliber to another That's news to me too....
That's something you might want to look into before deciding.

#7 ·
Called to confirm he was bringing me the gun upon my return and found out its not available at that price. That stinks. Oh well I will continue my search for a handgun. Not wanting to spend a fortune but like the berretta's, glocks, and springfields. Which are all nice handguns.

#8 ·
If you like the Glocks you should take a look at the Smith and Wessons Sigma in .40 Cal.... S&W actually got sued by Glock because of the Sigma,,, it's the Exact same gun as the Glock for a little less money...

here's my Sigma

here's the Glock

#9 ·
I would add as a suggestion look at Kimbers. I have a custom Royal 45 that has been a great gun. I know their prices are a bit on the upper end but you get a lot of extras included. There is a lot of on-line chatter regarding Springfields and its seems to be mostly positive. I have a Dan Wesson Patriot series 45 but I haven't ever fired it so I can't give any reviews + or - on it. I don't think you can go wrong with a Glock. I also would like to add a 40 cal someday. Good luck on your shopping BF, thats the fun part.

#10 ·
BB, my son purchased a SW 40 cal I believe the Sigma model last fall. I haven't fired it to know anything about it. The differences in the two photos are very suttle. I've seen Cabela's run sales on the Sigma model, If I remember they run in the 3-4 hundred range???:crazy: My memory doesn't serve me all that well anymore.:no:

#12 ·
sigmas are real nice guns for the price. i have a friend with one. i have shot it. the trigger pull is a little heavy but other wise its real nice. pluss you can get a new one in several diferent callabers for about $325. thats hard to beat in my book. i have also fired the springfield arms XD and XDM, wich are the ones you moast often hear people talking about. they are verry nice, and if you shop around you can find nice used ones for about $450. hope that helps.

G
#13 · (Edited)
RE: Not unlike th

RE: Not unlike the miissng shift key on your keyboard, Krugman's graph is also miissng an important piece. Please call him on your rainbow-colored bat-phone and have him provide us the rest of that graph. You know, that part that continues on from 2019. All you have to do is look at the trend where his graph conveniently ends to see where we are headed.This is the problem when idiots like him try to mix politics and economics. They just end up looking stupid. Rate this comment: 0 0

#16 ·
Glock interchanging calibres for a model 22, 23, & 27

It is true that you can purchess a new barrel and get the choice of firing both the 40 S&W and 357 Sig in the same pistol. The cartridge base is the same and the recoil pulse is close enough the the standard spring works fine. The mags are interchangable as most of the 357 Sig dimentions are again the same as the 40. I have fired both, it seemed that the 357 cycled faster with less muzzle flip. That was probibly due to the fact that I was shooting a lighter weight bullet in the 357 sig which would be operating at a higher velocity. I have been through the Glock armorer course and as a non gunsmith the pistol is very well thought out. Having said that I still prefer the trigger on my Custom 1911 Springfield 45 to the less crisp springy trigger in my 40 cal Glock 35.

Karl

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.