Deer Hunting Forums banner

Sig?

8K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Karl.Luhr 
#1 ·
Anybody have any experience with Sig Sauer? How about the P-250 Compact? Looking to buy one and just wondering about feedback! Thanks

#5 ·
Friend of mine is on one of the local police departments and has nothing but praise for the Sig's that they carry.

Personally own a Springfield Armory XD-40 with the 4 inch barrel. Have put well over 500 rounds downrange with it and not one hiccup or mis-fire. (for what it's worth)

#6 ·
I believe most PD's in the US used the Springfield Armory in the recent past.
However, there seems to be a shift towards the Sig's and Ruger's as of late. My understanding is that they had to upgrade to "compete" with the criminal underworld that has out-gunned them for quiet some time now.

having said that, the Springfield Armory XD-40 ought to serve us,private citizens, well.
STICK WITH WHAT WORKS FOR YOU!

G
#10 ·
I have to agree the springfield is a very fine weapon. I have the XD45 tactical (5") shoots nice double stack. when my son was 14 yo he cut on ragged hole at 7 yards with it. that said the 5" is a bit much for conceal carry so i carry a glock 30. its also 45acp but like a 3ish" barrel and crimson trace laser grip.

#12 ·
A note on the new Sig 250

One note that should be made is that the 250 series is designed as a carry/duty weapon. The trigger is DAO double action only. The standard trigger that was on the P228, 229, 226 were traditional double action. Where the first shot was long stroke double action, having to cock the hammer followed by lighter single action shots where the hammer is already back and ready to go. I think that many Police departments like the idea of the deliberate DAO triggers. Your second shot is more accurate and faster with the traditional double action in my opinion. I know at the range most shooters thumb cock the hammer to get to the crisp break instead of the longer stroke. I think the primary reason for the model 250 is to compete against the Glocks in the Police/Carry market. With the polimer frame the price is lower than it would be in an alloy frame.

Karl

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.