Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   Handgun Hunting (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/handgun-hunting/)
-   -   Handgun carrying permit? (http://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/handgun-hunting/3164-handgun-carrying-permit.html)

buckfever 12-12-2008 07:33 PM

Handgun carrying permit?

I thought about getting my carrying permit. Just curious what yall paid for the course and how many of you have it?

ronn 12-12-2008 08:32 PM

Well, since your Sta

Well, since your State has over 9 million, that tells me about 2.5% of the Total Population (rough numrebs) has a CCW Permit. But if you knock off about 2 million (underage, convicted Felons, etc.), that goes up to 3.2% of the Legal Adult Population has permits. So 1 out of 30 Adults at the Mall could be legally Armed at any given time. Yet, where are the Massive Pools of Blood?Wish Ohio had your numrebs.

joel the signman 12-12-2008 09:15 PM

in NY you have to be a cop or a fed.almost impossible to get one here.yet another reason i want out of here:wallbash:

KTL 12-12-2008 11:01 PM

I Michigan I think it is about $125 for the class.

Hunting Man 12-13-2008 02:28 AM

Ohio is around 120.00 and requires classroom

10 point 12-13-2008 08:08 PM

I heard someone talkin at the gun shop you have to take a class in TN and the permit is like 50 bucks so it will probably cost about 200 total.

timberghost 12-13-2008 09:39 PM

To add a little to Joels post NY is very tight/strict. It may be even tougher in the NYC area. About 10 years ago I was all setup for the law enforcement field (college degree/some great field experience) and was in the top 25 on the civil service recruitment list. Now police officers in NYS must have a valid pistol permit in order to carry. This is not a part of their police officer privilege. So I paid 150.00 for the class and then had fingerprints taken the same day which is a part of the application process. Then we're to find 4 references who are not related to you, do not have a criminal background, and live in the same township as you. So I got all the references taken care of and sent my paperwork in all within 1 week of the class. It took 8 months for a response from the Pistol Permit clerk. I then had to go into the city of Buffalo which is where all the county clerks and stuff are located to speak with an apointee of the county who basically goes over your application and asks all these questions why you want a pistol permit, your intentions, plans, views on gun control, who lives in the home with you, any family members with criminal/violent pasts, etc. It was pretty intense. Then the question which ended the entire interview----why did it take you 8 months to send in your application? It took me 1 week to send it in I replied. Well I don't know what happened here but with the app. being over 6 months old you'll have to take another permit course and redo the entire process. I was more sad than angry. So I think NY is the toughest to get one.

buckfever 12-13-2008 10:19 PM

timber you didnt punch the clerk?? Your qualified in my book to have a carrying permit..

Hunting Man 12-14-2008 03:44 AM

TG you mean the clerk didn't take a good look at you and say you pass sir no questions asked? :surprised: That's whats so sad its all politics.

timberghost 12-14-2008 07:29 AM

That's just one of the reasons why I'm no longer into the law enforcement gig anymore.