Deer Hunting Forums banner

Handgun carrying permit?

23K views 62 replies 23 participants last post by  kemster99 
#1 ·
I thought about getting my carrying permit. Just curious what yall paid for the course and how many of you have it?

#28 ·
Ohio must be in the middle of the road just like it sets in the country. No laws will protect against the insane, or the unlawfull. Nor can you stop the violence in malls and other high profile mass shootings. But having the right to protect one's self and family is the most important right that we have. Every area of this great country offers something different, if that fits your desires you stay. Ohio Proud!

#29 ·
Ive lived in the UK, Qatar, IL, KS, NM, AL, and TX and have been to everystate outside the northeast. With all of that, I have to say that Texas is my all time favorite.

I love the climate, the sense of indentity that Texans have that is seperate from the rest of the country, the scenery, the politcal affiliation, the friendliness towards the military, among other things.

I'm not saying its perfect, we do have liberal bastions like dallas, houston, and austin and we do border the festering armpit of the world to the south that causes us many a headache like .

I still love it though. It's a great place to live despite being number 14 on your list Bruce. What can you expect though, being a border state with as big a population and as good a state economy as ours?

#31 ·
It's a great place to live despite being number 14 on your list Bruce. What can you expect though, being a border state with as big a population and as good a state economy as ours?
It Isn't my list, I only shined a light on the lists, just as an "FYi".

G
#30 · (Edited)
Currently, 14 states

Currently, 14 states and Puerto Rico have some form of no-fault law. So does the province of Quebec in Canada. At least two states, Pennsylvania and Nevada, have repealed no-fault laws. In addition, several states are toying with the idea of allowing insurance QuotesChimp to choose which system to be under.

#32 ·
Ronn
I didn't realize NH fee is town by town when I saw your post I only pay $10.00 A buddy of mine got his a couple towns over from me & is FREE!
told him it was up to the town to decide how much to charge

G
#33 · (Edited)
, Thanks. See how e

, Thanks. See how easy this is? Not counting what Clay his crew were cairyrng, or had in their trucks, I had in my possession, and was responsible for, two .357 magnums. John's the one in the truck- is a 6-shooter. Mine in my sack sitting beside me in chambers 5, and I've got a speed loader. Technically speaking, I don't even need a permit to carry (although I have one). In Mississippi my home, my vehicle, my place of business (unless my business is disallowed, like a campus) falls under my domain.It's not big deal to have a gun here. That's as it should be.

#34 ·
if anyone knows how hard it is to get a C&C in kentucky/tennessee let me know cause i am in the army and looking for a way to get one for both states itll probably cost me but if i gotta have one it would be kentucky since thats the state i technically reside in.

#35 ·
I don't know how hard it is in Ky or Tenn. to get a CC License but because you are in the U.S. Army I would imagine it would be easier for you to apply. Your military ID paves you an easier path for the license, apply to the state you live in whether it's Ky or Tennessee both states have large U.S coverage for CC.

Good Luck

#38 ·
It makes me happy to hear stories like that,
I think a veteran especially a wartime veteran should always be given greater consideration.

#39 ·
my union has a program for all wartime vets.they go to the top of the hiring list

#40 ·
honestly fellas i believe that we are just regular joes that are doing our job and nothing more the perks are nice dont get me wrong but they are also not necessary. we do our jobs just the same as you all do yours the country cant run without all of us together so i believe we are all the same :yes:

#43 ·
Partner I appreciate the thought but I don't put my life on the line when I go to work, I am sure not all military does every day either but somebody has to support the front line. IN either case I appreciate what everyone in the millitary does for this country and when their service is through you do deserve all the respect and privilage we can grant.

#41 ·
Well without getting into a whole lot of back and forth compliments with tons of family hugs, I think we can all agree that the U.S. Military and that includes every soldier deserves way more than what america compensates them with
When called upon every soldier puts their lives on the line every second of every day for the duration of their enlistment not only for themselves and their loved ones but for ALL of us and our loved ones too..

The Sacrifices of a soldier are many while the rewards are few, We as Americans should never ever let an american soldier be forced to struggle for work or beg for health care, housing and education loans.
There should be laws protecting Soldiers from Anti War protestors and demonstrations.
A Veteran should be able to shoot and kill any person or group trying to burn or mutilate an american flag.
I'm sorry I've babbled and rambled on but when it comes to the American Soldiers (past, present or future) I get a little protective! :biggrin:

#45 · (Edited by Moderator)
I must be in the right part of NY. In the north (the real NY) I paid 75 dollars got my papers completed them turned them back in and 3 weeks later had my concealed carry permit. No going in front of a judge or anything of the sorts. A simple background check and a sheriff deputy checked my references. get out of the liberal part of ny and see how the rest of us live. Oh by the way I am not in law enforcement either.

#47 ·
Another Northern New York

I have had my CC for most of my life .I work for NYS corrections but this state is not friendly to gun owners . I will have to go to a school every year after I retire to keep my guns under my badge, in 2 and a half years I will retire with 30 years :ibtl:. I bought a life time hunting license many years ago, boy I was smart . :w00t: I hope I will also retired from my other two Jobs.:ibtl: I hope to hunt and trap, maybe I will move out of this state to many taxes:crybaby: Have fun and be safe.

#49 ·
In Florida it is pretty easy to get a permit. We have a :Shall Issue" policy, which means that if you are qualified and you put in an app. for a permit, the state shall issue you one. I think it is a little more expensive, but much easier than other states. Also, the firearms safety course can be waived if you are prior military. I carry everyday back home and since I am LE I don't need a license. I love Florida!

#50 ·
Kentucky and Tennessee have a reciprocity laws. So if you attain a Kentucky permit, it will also be valid in Tennessee. Also Kentucky has a "Shall Issue" policy, just like Florida. Shouldn't be difficult at all as long as your record is straight. You will have to take a class, $75. The following website is very informative, tells you everything you need to know.

Kentucky Concealed Carry Information

#51 ·
I recently took a cch class in NC. The class was 100 bucks and that included lunch and a box of bullets. After that you just take the certificate down to the sherrif's office and fill out an application(and pay an additional 90 for fingerprinting and processing). After speaking with the sherrif in person and paying the fee it takes around 6 weeks to get a response. Then you should be good to go assuming that your record is clean and all that.

My instructor said that there are over 70,000(I think it was 70,000) cch permit holders in NC. The class is very informative. You definately know your rights after it is over and passing the shooting part of the course is a breeze. I like the fact that if you have a cch permit you do not have to wait ten days for a background check to buy another handgun. Also most police usually look at people with their cch permits as a good gun on the street and a lot of times it can get you out of a jam(ie speeding ticket).

I hope I never have to use my gun for self defence, but it sure is nice to be on the safe side and know your rights.....just in case. :thumbup:

#55 ·
My mother FINALLY got her license. 5 MONTHS and having the FBI reject the fingerprints taken by 3 different police agencies 6 times!! Everyone said it cleared TX DPS really quick but the clog came from the Feds.

#56 ·
TX CHL Website

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/crime_records/chl/CHLwebupdatefees.pdf

That's the website from Texas DPS for the "fees" for getting/renewing a CHL.

I think it's great that they have reduced rates for vet's, even better that those on active duty are free.

Classes for the CHL vary from instructor to instructor, depending on how much he/she does (photos, fingerprints, etc.). I think I paid the same as the license for the class, but I feel it's all been well worthwhile.

Can't appreciate enough the kind words from "all y'all" out there who are supportive of those in uniform -- past, present, and future. For those of us who have been out there, in "harm's way", knowing that there are folks like you supporting and praying for us makes what we've done worth while.

I'm no hero. To me, the real heroes are the ones who have paid for all of our freedoms by giving the ultimate sacrifice to their country.

Thank y'all again for your support of "our" military!

Randy

#57 ·
Handgun Carry Permits

In October of 1996, the Department of Safety began issuing handgun carry permits pursuant to Public Chapter 905. Prior to this change, handgun carry permits were issued by local sheriff's offices. Since October 1996, the Department of Safety has issued more than 339,000 handgun carry permits.On November 20, 2009, the Davidson County Chancery Court held that the law allowing Tennessee handgun carry permit holders to carry their handguns into establishments serving alcohol was unconstitutional. As a result, the prior law which prohibited all persons from carrying firearms into establishments serving alcohol is back in effect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.