Handgun carrying permit? - Page 6 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Handgun Hunting

Old 07-19-2009, 03:17 AM
B&C 100 Class

I recently took a cch class in NC. The class was 100 bucks and that included lunch and a box of bullets. After that you just take the certificate down to the sherrif's office and fill out an application(and pay an additional 90 for fingerprinting and processing). After speaking with the sherrif in person and paying the fee it takes around 6 weeks to get a response. Then you should be good to go assuming that your record is clean and all that.

My instructor said that there are over 70,000(I think it was 70,000) cch permit holders in NC. The class is very informative. You definately know your rights after it is over and passing the shooting part of the course is a breeze. I like the fact that if you have a cch permit you do not have to wait ten days for a background check to buy another handgun. Also most police usually look at people with their cch permits as a good gun on the street and a lot of times it can get you out of a jam(ie speeding ticket).

I hope I never have to use my gun for self defence, but it sure is nice to be on the safe side and know your rights.....just in case.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2009, 04:47 AM

This is something on my to do list!
Old 07-22-2009, 02:57 AM
B&C 160 Class

man this thread makes me even more happy to live in nh. iv had my cc permit for the last 5 years, i only had to shell out $20 total so for and no class.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:03 AM
B&C 160 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
Actually I think Vermont and New Hampshire are probably great states and I plan on visiting there someday. As far as the safety issue; if we could seed Memphis over to Arkansas our numbers would probably as good as yours. :)

It's the other stuff that makes Tennessee my favorite. Weather! nuff said. Deer hunting seasons! I can be on a trout stream fishing or in some remote area hunting within 45 minutes from the house, Great bass fishing. Over one million acres of state and national forest within easy drive.

I do like your gun laws!
45 min, i shot a nice 6 pionter less than 200 yards from my back door of my old place, and only about 5 miles from downtown concord nh. btw concord is the state capitol.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:40 AM
B&C 100 Class

My mother FINALLY got her license. 5 MONTHS and having the FBI reject the fingerprints taken by 3 different police agencies 6 times!! Everyone said it cleared TX DPS really quick but the clog came from the Feds.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-John Stewart Mill
Old 11-18-2009, 11:26 AM
B&C 140 Class

Default TX CHL Website

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/adminis...updatefees.pdf

That's the website from Texas DPS for the "fees" for getting/renewing a CHL.

I think it's great that they have reduced rates for vet's, even better that those on active duty are free.

Classes for the CHL vary from instructor to instructor, depending on how much he/she does (photos, fingerprints, etc.). I think I paid the same as the license for the class, but I feel it's all been well worthwhile.

Can't appreciate enough the kind words from "all y'all" out there who are supportive of those in uniform -- past, present, and future. For those of us who have been out there, in "harm's way", knowing that there are folks like you supporting and praying for us makes what we've done worth while.

I'm no hero. To me, the real heroes are the ones who have paid for all of our freedoms by giving the ultimate sacrifice to their country.

Thank y'all again for your support of "our" military!

Randy
Old 12-29-2009, 03:01 AM
Scrub Buck

Default Handgun Carry Permits

In October of 1996, the Department of Safety began issuing handgun carry permits pursuant to Public Chapter 905. Prior to this change, handgun carry permits were issued by local sheriff's offices. Since October 1996, the Department of Safety has issued more than 339,000 handgun carry permits.On November 20, 2009, the Davidson County Chancery Court held that the law allowing Tennessee handgun carry permit holders to carry their handguns into establishments serving alcohol was unconstitutional. As a result, the prior law which prohibited all persons from carrying firearms into establishments serving alcohol is back in effect.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:29 PM
B&C 140 Class

Here in PA I apply to the local county sheriff, they supposedly do a background check, you pay them $25 for a permit to carry, I don't think it can be concealed
daddus1
Old 12-29-2009, 03:29 PM
ronn

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddus1 View Post
Here in PA I apply to the local county sheriff, they supposedly do a background check, you pay them $25 for a permit to carry, I don't think it can be concealed
daddus1
yes it can if you have a permit. pa and nh have reciprocity
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:54 AM
B&C 140 Class

Florida is quite easy to get a CCW also. they have streamlined the process--- put in the express line. lol. Go to the Dept of Agriculture (that is the agency in control of CCW) turn in paper work, they do your prints electronically. pay your $150.00 and it takes about 4-6 weeks. Also prior military or a hunters safety card will exempt you from having to take the class.