Handgun carrying permit? - Page 5 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Handgun Hunting

Old 01-12-2009, 12:18 PM

Well without getting into a whole lot of back and forth compliments with tons of family hugs, I think we can all agree that the U.S. Military and that includes every soldier deserves way more than what america compensates them with
When called upon every soldier puts their lives on the line every second of every day for the duration of their enlistment not only for themselves and their loved ones but for ALL of us and our loved ones too..

The Sacrifices of a soldier are many while the rewards are few, We as Americans should never ever let an american soldier be forced to struggle for work or beg for health care, housing and education loans.
There should be laws protecting Soldiers from Anti War protestors and demonstrations.
A Veteran should be able to shoot and kill any person or group trying to burn or mutilate an american flag.
I'm sorry I've babbled and rambled on but when it comes to the American Soldiers (past, present or future) I get a little protective!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2009, 08:58 AM
B&C 160 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBruce1959 View Post
Well without getting into a whole lot of back and forth compliments with tons of family hugs, I think we can all agree that the U.S. Military and that includes every soldier deserves way more than what america compensates them with
When called upon every soldier puts their lives on the line every second of every day for the duration of their enlistment not only for themselves and their loved ones but for ALL of us and our loved ones too..

The Sacrifices of a soldier are many while the rewards are few, We as Americans should never ever let an american soldier be forced to struggle for work or beg for health care, housing and education loans.
There should be laws protecting Soldiers from Anti War protestors and demonstrations.
A Veteran should be able to shoot and kill any person or group trying to burn or mutilate an american flag.
I'm sorry I've babbled and rambled on but when it comes to the American Soldiers (past, present or future) I get a little protective!

I couldn't agree more, except the shoot and kill may be over the top a little. How about beat the snot out of, and hang them by their cahonas from the street post.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:07 AM
B&C 160 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntin' soldier View Post
honestly fellas i believe that we are just regular joes that are doing our job and nothing more the perks are nice dont get me wrong but they are also not necessary. we do our jobs just the same as you all do yours the country cant run without all of us together so i believe we are all the same

Partner I appreciate the thought but I don't put my life on the line when I go to work, I am sure not all military does every day either but somebody has to support the front line. IN either case I appreciate what everyone in the millitary does for this country and when their service is through you do deserve all the respect and privilage we can grant.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
Partner I appreciate the thought but I don't put my life on the line when I go to work, I am sure not all military does every day either but somebody has to support the front line. IN either case I appreciate what everyone in the millitary does for this country and when their service is through you do deserve all the respect and privilage we can grant.
Well said.. Ive yet to take cover from enemy fire at work, at home, deer hunting, going to the store, etc..
Old 02-10-2009, 05:17 PM
Scrub Buck

I must be in the right part of NY. In the north (the real NY) I paid 75 dollars got my papers completed them turned them back in and 3 weeks later had my concealed carry permit. No going in front of a judge or anything of the sorts. A simple background check and a sheriff deputy checked my references. get out of the liberal part of ny and see how the rest of us live. Oh by the way I am not in law enforcement either.

Last edited by BruceBruce1959; 02-10-2009 at 05:32 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:36 PM
Scrub Buck

SC requires an 8 hour course and the average cost is $65.00. I taught it for 10 years here.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:13 PM
Scrub Buck

Default Another Northern New York

I have had my CC for most of my life .I work for NYS corrections but this state is not friendly to gun owners . I will have to go to a school every year after I retire to keep my guns under my badge, in 2 and a half years I will retire with 30 years . I bought a life time hunting license many years ago, boy I was smart . I hope I will also retired from my other two Jobs. I hope to hunt and trap, maybe I will move out of this state to many taxes Have fun and be safe.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:35 PM

Welcome to the site Dave......ahh isn't NY marvelous?
Old 07-18-2009, 01:54 AM
Scrub Buck

In Florida it is pretty easy to get a permit. We have a :Shall Issue" policy, which means that if you are qualified and you put in an app. for a permit, the state shall issue you one. I think it is a little more expensive, but much easier than other states. Also, the firearms safety course can be waived if you are prior military. I carry everyday back home and since I am LE I don't need a license. I love Florida!
Old 07-18-2009, 02:09 AM
Scrub Buck

Kentucky and Tennessee have a reciprocity laws. So if you attain a Kentucky permit, it will also be valid in Tennessee. Also Kentucky has a "Shall Issue" policy, just like Florida. Shouldn't be difficult at all as long as your record is straight. You will have to take a class, $75. The following website is very informative, tells you everything you need to know.

Kentucky Concealed Carry Information