Deer Hunting Forums banner

Handgun carrying permit?

24K views 62 replies 23 participants last post by  kemster99 
#1 ·
I thought about getting my carrying permit. Just curious what yall paid for the course and how many of you have it?

#60 ·
Florida is quite easy to get a CCW also. they have streamlined the process--- put in the express line. lol. Go to the Dept of Agriculture (that is the agency in control of CCW) turn in paper work, they do your prints electronically. pay your $150.00 and it takes about 4-6 weeks. Also prior military or a hunters safety card will exempt you from having to take the class.

G
#62 · (Edited)
That's great informa

That's great information. Thanks. I have a pemirt for IND but because it requires no training it's really not recognized anywhere else. I keep one for a neighboring state that does training and is good in quite a few states, not all, but the ones I tend to travel in.Now if somewhere, somehow Illinois will give it's citzens the same rights as the other 49 states.

#63 ·
the class in Florida is somewhat of a joke. can get it done at the local gun shows for like $40.00, takes about 3 hours. alot of people down here carry, that probably arn't smart enough to get out of their own way. that is the only scary part. Florida is a very gun freindly state. we call it the "GUNSHINE" state. the state,counties or cities doesn't register any firearms. long guns or pistols.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.