Handgun carrying permit? - Page 3 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Handgun Hunting

Old 12-16-2008, 04:02 PM
B&C 160 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post
If you want to carry a handgun, move to Vermont. We have no restrictions at all. You may carry a concealed weapon here without any permit needed.
I'd rather pay the $200.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2008, 07:56 PM
B&C 100 Class

Yeah no offense to the Yanks in the forum, but youd have to pay me alot of money to move north of the Mason Dixon!
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-John Stewart Mill
Old 12-17-2008, 06:57 AM

Just a little info to ponder on.

Vermont is priviledged to have such relaxed laws on weapons.
Ya'll Rebels can say what ya want about Vermont but
as a Vermonter my chances of becoming a victim are only 1 in 816 that's comforting to know.

a few other examples.. If I lived in
Louisiana my chances would be 1 in 166

if I lived in
Tennessee my chances would be 1 in 126

if I lived in
Texas my chances would be 1 in 172

if I lived in
New Hampshire my chances would be 1 in 714

So I guess it's fair to say at least Vermont is one of the Safer places to live and raise a family.

If anyone is interested here is a link to the nations 2008 15 Safest States to live in and the 15 Most dangerous States to live in.

Does anyone believe an Area's Gun laws play a roll in that area's Crime rates?

Old 12-17-2008, 07:30 AM
ronn

Cool I didn't even think

I didn't even think that. I thought more along the lines of cinlriams would scratch out the serial number, so they would also remove the RFID chip. So what would the point be, other than hassle gun owners.But that's an interesting point you mention.

Last edited by Nathalie; 04-18-2014 at 12:13 PM. Reason: se7flL8DYJ
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:23 AM
B&C 160 Class

Actually I think Vermont and New Hampshire are probably great states and I plan on visiting there someday. As far as the safety issue; if we could seed Memphis over to Arkansas our numbers would probably as good as yours. :)

It's the other stuff that makes Tennessee my favorite. Weather! nuff said. Deer hunting seasons! I can be on a trout stream fishing or in some remote area hunting within 45 minutes from the house, Great bass fishing. Over one million acres of state and national forest within easy drive.

Low taxes, right to work laws, low cost of living, cheap electricity and did I mention the weather!

I do like your gun laws!
Old 12-17-2008, 09:23 AM

I'm not knocking any of the other states, I've visited many other States (I've lived in Vermont, Florida & N.J.)
I've enjoyed many things in each of those states and many things in the other states I visited but I really believe
if All states were as releaxed as Vermont is on Weapons,,, America would be a safer place
and Ronn you are absolutely right it isn't the police our criminals are worried about, they worry more about the armed residents here and they should...

A robbery example:
A cop can Shout halt to make a criminal arrest a homeowner can Shoot to make a Criminal halt. AND THAT is the way it's supposed to be.

Old 12-18-2008, 01:25 AM
Scrub Buck

Timber The law in NY states that if it takes the licensing agency more than 6 months to complete the process, then the state must issue the permit and if it later finds cause not to issue the permit the state has to revoke it. So, after I waited 6 months for mine I went to the County Clerks Office in Rochester and showed them what the law said. I was told "ya a lot of people have tried this and what the judge said is the county hasn't had your permit request for 6 months the state has had it for part of the time. In other words you can't fight city hall even if you are right. I did get my permit after 10 months.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:47 AM

Ohio must be in the middle of the road just like it sets in the country. No laws will protect against the insane, or the unlawfull. Nor can you stop the violence in malls and other high profile mass shootings. But having the right to protect one's self and family is the most important right that we have. Every area of this great country offers something different, if that fits your desires you stay. Ohio Proud!
Old 12-18-2008, 10:39 AM
B&C 100 Class

Ive lived in the UK, Qatar, IL, KS, NM, AL, and TX and have been to everystate outside the northeast. With all of that, I have to say that Texas is my all time favorite.

I love the climate, the sense of indentity that Texans have that is seperate from the rest of the country, the scenery, the politcal affiliation, the friendliness towards the military, among other things.

I'm not saying its perfect, we do have liberal bastions like dallas, houston, and austin and we do border the festering armpit of the world to the south that causes us many a headache like .

I still love it though. It's a great place to live despite being number 14 on your list Bruce. What can you expect though, being a border state with as big a population and as good a state economy as ours?
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-John Stewart Mill
Old 12-18-2008, 01:27 PM
ronn

Thumbs down Currently, 14 states

Currently, 14 states and Puerto Rico have some form of no-fault law. So does the province of Quebec in Canada. At least two states, Pennsylvania and Nevada, have repealed no-fault laws. In addition, several states are toying with the idea of allowing insurance QuotesChimp to choose which system to be under.

Last edited by Kevlyn; 03-03-2014 at 01:28 PM. Reason: SmRQ6Ci0
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote