Ruger Bearcat - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > General Forums > Handgun Hunting

Old 12-16-2012, 10:04 AM
B&C 120 Class

Default Ruger Bearcat

I have a Ruger Super Single Six Convertible .22LR/.22WMR that is a ball of fun. How does the Bearcat stack up to the Single Six? I'm looking for an additional "fun" gun to carry in woods hikes so my boy could have one also and isn't the Bearcat grip a little bit smaller than the SAA-type of the Single Six?

Anybody own both who can comment on one versus the other?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2012, 08:13 PM
B&C 100 Class

I don't own one but the Bearcat is a smaller gun overall than the Single Six. I am not sure, but I don't think the Bearcat has adjustable sights.
(Luke 11:21 KJV) When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

(Luke 22:36 KJV) Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:21 PM
B&C 120 Class

Well I went ahead and ordered one. There's nothing more fun than 22 Six-guns and tin cans. Ordered the stainless steel version. We'll see how Ruger's ordering channels are doing these days...
Old 05-08-2013, 10:24 AM
B&C 120 Class

Got one! Spent some time at the range yesterday. Fun little gun. Seems to suffer from light hammer strikes. I had a lot of fail-to-fire rounds in Remington Viper 22LR that subsequently shot fine in two other guns I had (so it wasn't the rounds). Did have some problems extracting fired shell casings too...many were in the cylinder chambers TIGHT!
Old 05-08-2013, 02:53 PM

I've had my single six since 1971. Good luck on your new purchase. The new HK mp5 22 had a couple of jams with Rem cheap 22 ammo, not sure if the trend will continue?? I do have some CCI and will see how it works.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:38 AM

Scorpion8
I know my 10/22 Hates the Rem ammo but shoots very well with most others If you still have issues I would not hesitate to contact Ruger their Customer service is the best & usually have a Very fast turn around on service & repairs
I puchased a blemished 10/22 camo dip was coming off not a warranty issue for blemished guns but was affecting the functioning of the gun asked them to remove the camo. I didn't really care about it just wanted a basic 10/22 they ended up giving me everything new but the reciever which they sandblasted & repainted & I mean everything, Barrel, stock, Bolt, trigger assembly even a new 10 round mag & I had the gun back 2 days later
I will check with some people there & see if that is a known issue or not & let you know what they say
I have been hearing issues with ammo & guns from a lot of Manufactures due to the high demand I think the quality may be suffering a tiny bit by all trying to keep up
I know Ruger right now has a 2.1 Mil gun backlog & I can't believe they are the only ones suffering to keep up with demand

"If George Washington was asked for his I.D. do you think he just wipped out a quarter?"
Steven Wright