food plot mix - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Game Management > Food Plots

Old 07-12-2012, 09:12 AM
Unregistered

Talking I wanted to post you

I wanted to post you a bit of rmraek in order to thank you once again considering the amazing techniques you've shared on this site. This has been so extremely generous of people like you to allow unhampered all that a few individuals would have advertised for an electronic book to earn some profit for themselves, precisely since you might well have tried it if you ever decided. Those creative ideas as well served like a easy way to know that other people online have a similar keenness the same as my own to know a great deal more on the topic of this issue. I think there are some more pleasant periods ahead for those who read your site.

Last edited by Maholiita; 04-19-2014 at 04:58 PM. Reason: 8FqIDdY6ADe
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2012, 12:16 AM
B&C 100 Class

personally, ive found that if you dont have at least a few acres to dedicate to soybeans, they do more harm than good. not only will the deer single out the soybeans to the point of decimation, but the bean plants towering 2-3 feet above everything stunts your understory growth. i would substitute another high protein forage like chicory in its place. as a standard measure, 1lb of chicory seed covers around a quarter acre, and i like to overseed just a bit. i would say your current mix minus the soybeans and plus a pound or so of chicory should do the trick. hope this has helped!