need epert advice on "BIG" Bucks - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Game Management > Food Plots

Old 10-25-2007, 07:42 PM
B&C 100 Class

Default need epert advice on "BIG" Bucks

I need some expert advice on bagging a trophy buck. I hunt in S.E. Ohio and there are plenty around but i have never managed to harvest anything over a basket rack 8 pointer. I have averaged 3 bow kills a year over the last 20 years. I have absolutely no problems with does and basket racks. I passed up around a dozen bucks and a ton of does each of the last 4 to 5 years waiting on the big boy I have had a couple close entcounters, but they always come up behind me. I don't shoot does when I am hunting bucks until it is the last day before going home. I wear scent lock, rubber boots and go to extremes with scent control. It has to be something with my set up. The area I hunt has a lot of hills 800 to a 1000 feet elevations. lots of agriculture. I tend to set up 2/3 of the way up the hills in the morning between beds and feed. I often sit all day. Any expert tips will be greatly appriciated. i am definately missing something
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2007, 02:04 PM
Scrub Buck

Who knows? If you're seeing lots of deer year in and year out you'd think that ol' mossy would come through on ya. Put the doe piss to em, try that new buck growl call from mad and pop em and tender em a little. That should get the big ones at least curious as to what's going on over there. Get up on top of the hill and find the thick stuff, hunt the edge of it.