Best Way to Permanently Remove BLK Berry Bushes??? - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Game Management > Food Plots

Old 09-09-2010, 05:59 PM
Scrub Buck

I did a search last night and found it under Dow AG I think it was called. I will check T.S. again and see if they have it.

When you used it does it kill even new growth that comes up where the old bushes where? I seem to get regrowth at the same location with a month or so from spraying with Round Ups Tough Brush, Do it kill the roots and all? Just trying to get an idea and the cost I saw were 58.00 a gallon not sure if it is the same product so I will check T.S. and see if it is.

Thanks,
Newaygo1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2010, 07:19 AM
B&C 160 Class

Its used on fence rows and trees you want to kill
I had some kind of aggressive trees that came up and spread were i didn't want them and they are gone now
That price would be about right
Old 09-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Scrub Buck

Here are a few pictures of 2 areas I am looking to remove the Blk Berries. I have 8 similar to this and a few more that are just getting started.

As for the Crossbow I stopped in the TS in Big Rapids MI and they did not have it on the shelf. I asked and they did not know of it might be a regional or state by state item.

They take over quickly and seem to crop up every where these days.

Newaygo1
Old 09-12-2010, 05:29 PM
B&C 160 Class

You could cut it lower with a bush hog it looks like you can buzz right through that stuff
It would look good about a foot high
Old 09-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Scrub Buck

When I have cut them they just return thicker and faster... Though I don't have any farm equipment just a push mower that is in need of some work quit running a couple of weeks back. Do everything the old school way for me; push drop spreader, shovel, rake, 2 gallon sprayer and push lawn mower.

Don't know anyone with any either which limits me to what I can do. But I guess I will have to hire someone to brush hog it down to slow it down some if I can...

Thanks though they are taller than they look and I am 6ft tall and they are at my eye height in continue to grow.

Oh well soon I will just have brush hog most of my property...

Newaygo1
Old 09-13-2010, 01:28 PM
B&C 160 Class

LoL ya a tractor is needed..
I cut some big trees down with my bush hog in a short time
Old 09-17-2010, 09:04 AM
B&C 120 Class

I had a problem in back of my home with unwanted brush. I used a product from vigoro called total vegetation kill. This stuff killed everything for a whole year in the area. H-Depot or lowes should have it and it is reasonably priced.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:12 PM
B&C 180 Class

Hey try TORDON. They have this at local farm and home stores. It is a little pricey, but it goes along ways. It come in a 32 or 44 oz bottle (can't remember) and it is between $30 and $40. What you do is cut the plant at it's base, and then pour TORDON on the "stump" or root system that is left. That plant WILL NOT grow again. Now if you have alot of these, it's obviously going to take some time, but it might be worth the trouble to get them out of your way...

BY THE WAY-- TORDON kills the plant by going into it's root system. This plant will NOT come back. It even works on trees! I have a locust tree that I was wanting to get rid of but didn't want to hastle w/it by cutting it down... so I cut a ring around the tree w/my chainsaw and then poured TORDON in the ring and the tree is dying quickly.

Last edited by tator; 09-22-2010 at 12:15 PM.