Long distance food plot??? - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Game Management > Food Plots

Old 12-14-2009, 12:35 PM
B&C 100 Class

Default Long distance food plot???

I'm out in California and would love to buy some land back in Virginia or North Carolina and put in a food plot (of course this is still in the dream stage). I have hunted the last two years back in Virginia and I'm hooked on Whitetail hunting. In fact last month was the fist time I shot a buck out of my tree stand. I have permission to hunt a small piece of private land. I have been reading a lot on the work in takes to place and manage food plots so I'm guessing that it would be difficult to put in a food plot with out flying back and spending lots of time getting it to stick. I can't tell you how much I wish I lived back there so I could spend the time to manage a piece of land to make it a great hunting spot for me and my family. So my question is it even possible or am I just out of luck.
Thanks, Jimbo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2009, 01:40 PM
ronn

check with the QDMA they may have list of folks that do food plots for people and also could help with what, where, and how much to plant. they are a great source of info and i would recommend everyone join. although they are very seldom heard of or seen here in nh. i hope to change that.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:49 PM
B&C 100 Class

Thanks ronn I will do that. I envy all of you that live back east!! I took my boys back with me this year and my youngest (14) shot his first deer and I'll tell you that was the most proud I've been in a long time. The look on his face when that deer went down will live my memory banks for ever! I would love to have a place that we can go back to every year and hunt. I'll get in touch with QDMA and pick their brains on the subject.

Jimbo
Old 12-14-2009, 02:11 PM
ronn

the down side of long distance and going through the expense is eventually others will know about the plot and hunt it. just can't baby sit it. maybe a neighbor or the guy that puts it in can keep an eye on things for you.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:18 PM
B&C 100 Class

Yea I thought about that. I guess I'll have to cross that bridge when I get there.