Food plot Help - Page 3 - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Game Management > Food Plots

Old 12-15-2009, 07:14 PM
B&C 100 Class

Jimbo,

The GPS coordinates are 36*52'17.80N 81*49'26.23W. These are the coordinates of my house on the river road. The land that is for sale is to the right of my house. Im not sure how to search by GPS coordinates using Google Earth. You might have to get to Saltville and just look around till you find it. Good Luck. I checked the tax maps and they are not accurate. We have official survey maps of our land and they do not match up with the tax maps. You can look at netgis.washcova.com\ and search by owners name Larry and Peggy Morgan again the land you are looking for is to the right of this parcel. I know it is 24 acres but Im not sure of the owners name. Like I said before Good Luck. If you want the phone number let me know and Ill try to get it for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2009, 10:54 PM
B&C 100 Class

Justin,
Found it! It took awhile to figure out how to use the search feature on that website. I guess that land runs right up between the two ridges and looks to be very narrow. I will keep the info in my file for future reference. Thanks a lot for the info. I see North Carolina on your location is that where you live now?
Old 12-16-2009, 07:31 AM
B&C 100 Class

Jimbo
Yeah that is where I live now but it is well within driving distance to Saltville only about 2.5 hours. Like I said I know the tax maps are not accurate at all. I was thinking the land was actually covering both sides of that ridge. Anyway let me know if you want the phone number to that place.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:31 AM
Scrub Buck

Default GREAT IDEA U HAD But question

Quote:
Originally Posted by rack collector View Post
I guess you could call it hillside planting. The tracts will not be very wide though just as wide as a logging road. That is the only places we were gonna put the plots was in the old logging roads. There is a flat on top of the main ridge that we were gonna get grubbed out then plant a plot there.
I like that idea!!!!!

If you dont mind me asking what would you plant "SEED" in the logging trail?

I used to put "Deer Cain" salt licks there with some luck, But only at night. Its easy to till up to on a logging road I would think.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Scrub Buck

Wow I asked a simular question, And I am gettimg all the awnsers here.
Thanks everyone!!
Old 02-13-2010, 11:23 PM
Scrub Buck

Default Suggestions for Pre Hill Planting

Logging Trails can be difficult, but if they turn out they are great (no lets make that fantastic) for hunting.

The big issues are shade and pH which was mentioned before in this thread. But if the clearings were done in a mature forest then there can be other soil nutrients that may be both deficient and excessive.

I would recommend a soil test( usually the best 20.00 bucks you will spend), not just the pH test(which is a little cheaper).

If you consider your time to finish cleaning up the site, the seed costs, the weed control every two to three weeks for the summer (if you do annuals for a fall attraction type plan), lime(likely needed) and the correct fertilzer(if you even need it), the least cost is the soil test and it can pay big dividends.

I have had friends tried three years to get a good clover stand only to find out they should have made some soil ammendments before starting. Would have saved them a lot of sad faces and hard work.

vetjudy