Got the Tractor in the field - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Game Management > Food Plots

Old 03-08-2009, 11:29 AM
B&C 160 Class

Default Got the Tractor in the field

Bushhogged down the corn , and got one field reworked and ready to plant.
planting is still a few weeks away,,one of my buds just got a older johndeer tractor, with 2 running we can cover some ground
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2009, 12:32 PM

way way ahead of me, PA will be late May before planting. I have to kill everything this year then plant after 3 weeks. Good to see your out already.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:07 PM
ronn

Smile RE: Sniglet let

RE: Sniglet let's assume the US govt sttars printing which in my opinion it really did. And let;s assume that people want to get out of the greenback.. So the $ collapses. Maybe 3$ = 1 EUR. So what? So Americans will not be able to import things from Europe. Wo hoo! They will be really sad. So the American salary will be 35% of what a European salary is who cares about this in America?So China will not be able to export toys and their industry will get pulverised. So what?Now a low $ will encourage exports. The US could get stronger this way. There are plenty of resources in the US the US is not like some tiny island somewhere in the Pacific. It has its own resources. Life would be cheaper here. And people would adjust. Rate this comment: 0 0

Last edited by Manoli; 04-18-2014 at 03:33 PM. Reason: LyOgsVHywSvS
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:20 PM

ronn, not sure yet. I like late season brassicas for one plot, don't know for the other. Any good ideas??? I did mow both plots last fall and will enlarge the total area planted after I kill it all. I would like to try something new like extreem from whitetail institute. Grows tall and has several different types of food in it. Pretty expensive though. Really don't know yet. Delbert what all do you plant and how big are your plots? Ronn, what will you put in your plots this year and when can you get to them?

Last edited by Hunting Man; 03-08-2009 at 06:23 PM. Reason: add
Old 03-08-2009, 06:38 PM
ronn

i like your late season. for an early through summer i would pick something like alfa-rack (alfalfa and clover)from them or just their clover or maybe their extreme but i'm not sure whats in it. i think you'd get more than one year out of these. save some on the fertilizer also with the alfalfa and the clover. its still best to do all the normal stuff with extreme like fertilize and lime. not sure on the cost and the alfa-rack, probably up there. higher protein than plain alfalfa. but it needs to be mowed a couple times a year to keep the new growth coming same with the clover. oh it says you can't use a herbicide with the extreme.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:41 PM

I believe extreem has sunflowers to let the peas grow up on and some other lants for low level feed. The claim is the deer will bed down in the tall stuff.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:47 PM
ronn

Smile By :RE: I'm not g

By :RE: I'm not going to try to change your mind pfft, I've read euognh of your rants to realize it's a waste of time and furthermore I don't care what you think or write about the subject. It's not like the buy now propaganda that can ruin a persons finances, health and family. If a few readers of SB believe that you are right about borrowing and spending it makes no difference whatsoever to them or anyone else. I think you are dead wrong though and no, you can't change my mind about it either. I do wish you were right though, I really do.why can't you address at least some of my points?do you think kids want their parents working or half a view less percentage points of national debt? the fact is we hold 95% of the same views. I know you won't believe that but it's true. the one crucial difference is that I am listening to the market while you are telling it what to do. despite the bailout and the stimulus the markets are saying the US will have no trouble paying it's bills. you might not like it but that's is a fact. Rate this comment: 0 0

Last edited by Brenda; 04-18-2014 at 08:41 AM. Reason: B6Dz5r8c
Old 03-08-2009, 06:56 PM

ya I get the magazine too, loaded with good ideas. Their products are pretty steep too. year before last I used farmer quality clover mix but weeds moved in and I'm not sure how it would have worked out. Tired of wasting money so time to kill!
Old 03-08-2009, 07:03 PM

I do like to add chickory to whatever I plant, it seems to grow well and deer like it and it's high in protein.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:48 PM
ronn

Angry RE: I don't know

RE: I don't know if they can change the eiocomnc realities, but they can change the BS that some entities are spouting indicating that you can walk away without any consequences.I don't think this policy goes far enough. It really should be a lifetime ban subject to applying for exceptions. If you had a contract with someone, and they defaulted strategically, would you ever enter into another contract with that person again? I don't know why the result should (as opposed to would) be any different just because you're dealing with the government's money.Finally, when I see the list of non-recourse states, from memory it's only about 13 or so, but even those are not really non-recourse. I'd like to see a source that has decent information on creditor rights in the different states. Rate this comment: 0 0

Last edited by Muharrem; 04-18-2014 at 01:54 PM. Reason: pSVtGHE7T6