hey you guys wanting to do plots - Deer Hunting Forums

Go Back   Deer Hunting Forums > Game Management > Food Plots

Old 12-21-2008, 05:29 PM
ronn

Default hey you guys wanting to do plots

Guys, If you want to do food plots of any size or type go to your local QDMA (Quality Deer Management Assoc.) They have loads of info to help. they can point you to guys with equipment if you don't have it. they may be even able to point you toward $$$ available form the state or feds. Learn all you can about what deer need. What makes big antlers. what makes for healthier deer. the different types of plots, harvest plots, nutritional plots. What it takes to grow this or that plant. Find out if your soil is able to do what you want. What you need to do to allow the soil to do what you want. The QDMA is there just for this reason. What needs to happen here in NH isn't going to be the same thing that needs to happen in NC or KA. good luck and if you contact them let us know of your experience with them. and for you young guys out there food plots aren't an over night thing it takes time to get them in so that your not waisting your time and getting the most for your money.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2008, 05:31 PM
B&C 100 Class

thanks man
Old 12-21-2008, 05:32 PM
B&C 100 Class

how do we get in tought QDMA people
Old 12-21-2008, 06:20 PM
ronn

Angry Hello,I think it's a

Hello,I think it's amazing that so many syestms have been created for mass creation of blogs as well as mass formatting and insertion of articles into blogs, all of these using variable place holders (to pick a very generic term)integral to these applications which are very popular with the VRE-type, heavy Adsense Empire type folks, and yet the common-sense utility of this plug in that enables similar efficiency and speed in a one-blog-at-a-time mode has been largely missed by so many bloggers.Whew, that was a long sentence. I agree that the majority might not use the drop down menu mentioned but it is for the same reason, that simply the I think most are still very unused to media wiki type variables. It's an education thing, and if WP itself adopted it, there'd be a learning curve but I think most would pick it up after a bit.I don't think your plug in has fallen through the cracks but it could be much more widely adopted, for sure. I was looking for a basic user manual, some kind of handy reference, but as I recall you refer users to the relevant section of Mediawiki, correct? I wonder if they (Mediawiki) would mind that being excerpted and bundled with the plug in as a pdf or text reference? Maybe with a preface special to the plugin Anyway, just thoughts, I rarely have time to comment these days THANK YOU!!! Please don't discontinue this!!! We do appreciate your work very much. Essie

Last edited by Pyllo; 04-19-2014 at 05:05 AM. Reason: apwSSdKzfAmY
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 07:56 PM

I highly reccomend a soil PH kit that you send in and get a good analysis of whats in it and whats needed for your soil for what you're going to plant. It takes some knowlegde like ronn said to grop crops instead of wasting big $$. Simple things like not adding high # nitrogen fertlizer to clover that makes its own nitrogen in the root system. Do your homework first and save your money.