Deer Hunting Forums banner

startin food plot

12K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  joel the signman 
#1 ·
im planning on making a small (1 acre) food plot next spring.. just lookin for some fresh ideas

#7 ·
till it all and put down weed killer,like round up.Or you can go with whitetail institutes" no plow".and another company makes "secret spot"

#9 ·
mow it ya lazy bum:lol: :lol:

#11 ·
If you have easy access to it I would mow it real low, till it up, and plant what ever it is you would like to plant. Pretty much like making a garden. Just for wildlife instead of for yourself. I would be afraid the weed and feed might end up killing what ever it was that you were trying to plant.

#13 ·
im not sure but probably

#14 ·
#18 ·
i dont think thats a good idea.A fire can get out of hand REAL QUICK:crybaby:

#21 ·
okay i guess you are right with the dryness of the US. nothing says bait like good ole reliable corn and apples.

#25 ·
I've never ever planted a food plot for deer BUT I have done some research on the subject and after way TOO MUCH reading and asking some other folks in New Jersey and Pennsylvania who have planted food plots,,, I'm convinced that the Mossy Oak Bio-Logic products are probably your best bet.

Here's a link for further information on Regional planting,
here is where you'll find a good When/What to plant guide...

MossyOak Bio-Logic.

I LOVE their Logo "IF YOU PLANT IT, THEY WILL COME" :smile:

#26 ·
whitetail institute makes some good products i like "no plow" great for the woods and very little work

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.