Deer Hunting Forums banner

delbert,s world

6K views 19 replies 4 participants last post by  delbert 
#1 ·
we planted are food plots in the woods last weekend ,,,and have every thing ready for the fall plots to go in this weekend..have some pics of plots....we will lime it again,,scratch it in ,,,roll it ,,seed it with clover, ,and roll it again,,,,,just got this roller this spring,,,i believe this is a must for fine seed,,,

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
that "L"shape is great for inside corners

#8 ·
if you can find a pull behind planter,,,you wont plant with out it,,my hunting buddy bought a john deer 2 row planter,,cost 350 $ it will plant no till if you catch the ground right....i bought the 2 row cultivator for 150 $ a tractor is a must for this old heavy equipment....with scrap metal prices high this old stuff is getting cut up....we do have a small hare that we drag with a 4 wheeler ,,,best 35 $ ever spent.i will get a pic of it

G
#9 · (Edited)
inside corners are comfortable for deer cause there is cover close on 180 degrees. Thats why I asked about the small plots cause cover is close 360 degrees. So its more comfortable and maybe that would make the big boys show in shooting hrs or visit more often. Just me thinking which gets me in trouble sometimes. And I learning that the shape of the plot can be more inviting to the deer. The hour glass shape is suppose to be best. then there is the orientation to north for optimum plant growth.

#20 ·
had to go back today and replant 2 small plots...both were planted with white tail clover..just dident make it ...rain just wasen,t right...light scratch with our 4 wheeler hare, and slow ride with fence drag should do it...all other fall plots are good..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.