Deer Hunting Forums banner

Food plots doing good

5K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  delbert 
#1 ·
We have had good weather this year on the food plots
all i did was bush hog last years plots and plow it in , this is what came back up.
im real happy how things are growing down here

We have been turning a little dirt to get ready for the fall plots .
i clipped my clover yesterday

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks guy
The water in the 2nd pic came from my farmers milo feild on the left, it was the first time he had to water it this year

My small clover patch is behind the beans and all the water ends up going through it on its way into the woods

#5 · (Edited)
Well lil del and i made a trail into a 40 acre patch of woods yesterday.
Its the only woods we dont have a food plot in or next too

This spot is a big hill / Indian mound , that will end up with water around it when every thing floods up , its part of a chain of 3 islands that the deer like to bed on

The dirt worked up real good , we just need lime, chicken litter, and rain !!
The sun light should only get better this fall

I killed my very first buck in this area years ago

#6 ·
We slipped out early today to plant some Japanese millet in the back.
I disked up a small low area a few weeks ago.
I hope it helps the duck hunting .

We caught a lucky thunder shower Sunday night :yes:

Then we went to the new plot in the woods , To put some lime and chicken litter out .
The cloud must have stopped above it because it was still wet
We are going back to plant it tomorrow

#10 ·
Looks good enough for me to bring the salad dressing. Nice plots Delbert, I'm always in envy of your successes, living in Ohio and trying to do plots in PA in poor soils is a challenge at best. PA has been very wet and with limited equipment it's a problem to get good results let alone the travel time to do it. Anyway congrats on great plots.

#11 ·
We planted are fall plots during the Labor day weekend
lil del wanted to plant all the trails in the back in oats
I took my disk and just barely turned the grass and got dirt , he spread the seed, I know it was a miles worth i hope he is happy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.